Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Config Issues

Discussion in Technical Support started by Complexity, Jan 14, 2014

1. Nov 17, 2012
    Hey guys, (probably a nooby mistake, I've never really messed with the .cfg files with CSS)

Lately I haven't been able to save things to config files, and I also get random errors etc. when loading the game. I re-installed CSS and deleted the config cookies. I've reset everything back to how I want it to but I still cannot save anything (for example, choosing a spray).

"userconfig.cfg" not present: not executing. Some guides suggested to boot CSS with "exec userconfig" but it hasn't worked.
    Pic (Custom Config Loaded is my own)

These other errors though, they normal? If not, how do I get rid of them (means a lot to me, OCD kicking in). I don't have a joystick, so I'm unsure to why it's saying that.

[IMG]

Anybody able to help?
    -Cheers.
  2. Mar 20, 2012

Ah lol I skipped the last sentence. Mh wait a moment

exec undo360controller in console, google says
  3. Jan 30, 2013
    I get the same errors after I run my config, even when im not using it. Most of em are due to the config itself, even after removing it, some still get stuck(even when doing -autoconfig in launch params).

Not sure about why thing wont save, perhaps a file became read-only/corrupt. Id say reinstall, but you already did so. Perhaps delete the whole Counter Strike Source folder from common, since I think stuff stays even after an uninstall.

I know the pains of configs, mine breaks css, causing maps to load improperly, sprays to wonk out, and destroys render distances....lel
    cl_logofile "pathofspray.vtf" to set ur spray if you want to be lazy do it from a config file like me.
  4. Mar 30, 2013
    If you speak about cvar cheat, i have the same message when i start the game.

And joystick.cfg is a file of cfg folder