Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Configs for ZE maps (Big Question)

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by ŽΣŁ | Hallucinogenic Troll, Oct 25, 2013

1. Feb 8, 2013
    Okay guys, I need to be clear: I tried to make my own config to the maps (including ammo is in my ideas, because seeing maps like Minecraft (Cuniczek) and Port Royal (Puklica), but idk how they made it (sincerely, I search inside all the maps and I didnt found anything)).

I saw too something out of commun like "exec myownshitcfg.cfg" and idk how to do that (if ammo is included on that).

If someone can help me, thanks, that will be a lot of help.
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Feb 8, 2013
      I tried, appear ammo in console (to change commands, but doesnt change the amount of ammo, in my case is 1200).
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Why I just tested it now is beyond me (and it works :neutral:). Are you restarting the round?
    • Feb 8, 2013
      I restarted 3 times. I will check the map again (if is bugged, it can only be the logic_relay).
    • May 25, 2012
      ammo_50AE_max "2500"	  // deagle
      ammo_762mm_max "2500"	  // scout, ak47, g3sg1, aug
      ammo_556mm_box_max "2500"  // m249
      ammo_556mm_max "2500"	  // galil, sg552, famas, m4a1, sg550
      ammo_338mag_max "2500"	 // awp
      ammo_9mm_max "2500"		// mp5navy, tmp, glock, elite
      ammo_buckshot_max "2500"  // m3, xm1014
      ammo_45acp_max "2500"	  // ump45, mac10, usp
      ammo_357sig_max "2500"	 // P228
      ammo_57mm_max "2500"	  // p90, fiveseven
      ...Is this what you want? You can just make a .cfg file (packing it in /cfg) and execute it on each round by a logic_auto (servercommand,Command,exec your_config_file,0,1) if it helps any.

Edit: For Z:R commands you can look around the user manual. The main thing to check is controlling the spawn time (zr_infect_spawntime_min/max) and perhaps amount (zr_infect_mzombie_ratio #).
      Syoudous, Oct 25, 2013 Last edited by Syoudous, Oct 25, 2013
    • Feb 8, 2013
    • May 31, 2012
      I'd recommend you to execute another file that isn't packed within the map (for example, you execute mymap.cfg and 2 seconds later mymap_overwrite.cfg) so that server admins can change the config if they wish to (as not all servers are the same).
    • Apr 9, 2007
      If there's something specific to his map, it should be inlined in the bsp. We don't guarantee the preservation of external, non-packed files. This was a pretty big headache with the VPK change. We can hack if we need to fix something.
    • May 31, 2012
      What I meant is that he should add this config to the map and execute another config one second later that isn't packed. If a server wishes to change the settings, they can do it without using an extra plugin. Not all servers have admins that can code plugins, so the more options you give -that do not cause harm- the better, imo.
      • Informative Informative x 1