Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Configuration changes from map to map...

Discussion in News started by Cam, Sep 1, 2007

1. Posts
    Right, so this is what I was thinking:

We should have slightly different configurations for different maps, say for instance:

maxplayers 48 on de_lost (map uses low CPU usage, max 55% CPU @ 35 players)
    maxplayers 42 on wwt_lila_panic (map uses massive CPU usage, 100% @ 42 players)

...Or we could add certain configurations like zombie_jetpack to maps that are heavily human sided, so zombies and humans can have a few seconds of jetpacking capability...
    ...Or to spice up some boring maps, enable zombie_dark to make things really dark, it will tense things up a little...
    ...Or disable the respawn protection for escape maps so we can introduce more of them, the spawn protection is problematic in the escape maps because rounds never end when the volcano explodes and etc...

...The list may never end, but I'm just listing some capabilities. What do you think?

On the more exiting note, I added a new skin! It's an awesome alien skin with custom animations, and it's really freaky, check it out now!
    I plan on adding two more zombie skins in the near future: headcrabs and maybe even the predator! (it will depend on how much there is to download initially, in other words, if its decently small in filesize.)
  2. Feb 21, 2007
    Hey man, nice addition of the new zombie skin.

I think the jetpack might be cool, I've never been on a server with jetpack. Maybe it'd be possible for admins to enable/disable it (unless there is a way to make it map specific).

I'm not all for dark maps, since humans cant use night vision, it strain to see. And with the new black zombie aliens, it'd be damn hard to see those things flying around.

I noticed for a little while, humans had complete respawn protection, including invulnerability. what ever happened to that? just curious :smile:
  3. Posts
    I disabled respawn protection on the escape maps, however it is only done manually (ma_rcon es_unload zombietools).

The jetpack would not be on every map, lets just say like 5 maps... Imagine island escape with it on?
  4. Posts
    Another quick update:

I fixed the sound list in the "Play Sound" section of the admin menu.
    Added !rules command
    Changed the MOTD a bit, now the full PlagueFest logo.
  5. Feb 1, 2007
    Awesome ideas.

Can't wait to get playing again.
  6. Jun 29, 2007
    yea dude i liek it but if at lsot it uses so much cpu take the players down a lil anyway i dotn liek lost personally .
  7. Posts
    The alien skin rocks. What would be the advantages of the alien skin?
  8. Feb 3, 2007
    Love the news... very nice ^^

alien skin is sexxayy
  9. Posts
    Cam I am so glad you, ck, and ace took PF off my hands.
  10. Feb 1, 2007
    Why, because it has went from strength to strength?
  11. Posts
    Because now I don't have to do anything to enjoy a swell home in ZM.
  12. Feb 1, 2007
    Ah. Wish I could play a round right now.
  13. Jul 4, 2007
    Hmmm.... The alien skin is okay-ish.... And as for the headcrab.... My opinion is that the headcrab doesn't deserve to be in PF....

Raising a point here though.... Isn't it supposed to be "Zombiemod"? Not "Zombie/Alien/Headcrabmod"....

I'm not complaining or anything.... The Alien model is pretty cool.... But the Headcrab.... I don't even wanna talk about the headcrab.... Just try watching that thing climb a ladder it's hilarious.
  14. Posts
    I kind of like the headcrab. It freaks me the fuck out sometimes. When I'm running, and all of a sudden I see a huge ass fucking lift up it's entire body to stab me. I scream, because I'm a pansy! But really, when Cam first put the headcrab on pF, it was badass. Now, it's like the worst class zombie. Why? Because 1 person could hold off three of them. Which I found out last night. They're way to easy to knock back. What I was thinking...what if the headcrab was the most badass zombie class. Higher health than any zombie. Less knockback. The same speed though. So that way. You couldn't take on a headcrab one on one. And when somebody needs a boost. The huge headcrab could be like.."Stfu and get on top of my head" Thank you, and g'day.

And what if they had a higher jump? That would be so awesome. A huge headcrab jumping 15 feet in the air. (15 feet was an exaggeration.)
  15. Jun 27, 2007
    Just wanted to add my $0.02

Cam your a stud, I was on for a couple minutes yesterday, I enjoyed a nice suprise of WTF when I saw the first headcrab. Too bad I couldn't play more. I look to be on some today, but I may be pretty absent the next couple of months, weddings, vacation, etc...
  16. Posts
    What's that on the Classic Zombie's head? It's a headcrab.
    What's that on the Zombine's head? It's a headcrab.

It fits nicely IMO because headcrabs were the reason there were zombies in HL2, and most of the models come from HL2.
  17. Apr 9, 2007

In my opinion the one u added was a little bit of overkill size wise, why didn't you use the one I sent you O.o
  18. Jun 27, 2007
    how about a headcrab model that is regular size can jump regular distance or maybe a little farther than a zombie, and runs a little faster, with less hp, now were true to form, plus think of the benefits, vent camping not as big a deal, more interesting rounds all together, sounds like fun to me...
  19. Posts
    They didn't have all the animations.