Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Congratulations Robert Briscoe

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by JorisCeoen, Mar 12, 2014

1. Apr 9, 2012
    This is more aimed to mappers, in case they were interested:

Robert Briscoe was recently hired by Valve to work on undisclosed projects and I think this is great news because it shows how far you can get just being a mapper/modder.

Robert is a former DICE employee and is probably best known for his indie title Dear Esther and his sole map for Counter-Strike: Source, de_forest. He has been using the Source Engine for Dear Esther and the level design quality is beyond comprehensible. For mappers this should be an example of what Source can achieve (despite having the advantage of some slightly different code it's basically achievable on CS:S or GO as well).

I just wanted to congratulate him as he is truly a mastermind in relation to the Source Engine and shows us that even mappers like you and I can really climb 'high in the ranks' so if you go serious you always have a chance to get noticed by Valve. Of course, his background at DICE probably helped a bit, but still!

For more information feel free to read the link or have more info or read the original news by Robert himself
    • Like Like x 2
      JorisCeoen, Mar 12, 2014 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Mar 12, 2014
    • Feb 27, 2012
      That's pretty cool :grin: When my dad used to play Quake 2 way-back-when, he was friends with one guy who ended up getting hired by id Software. He made a ton of maps for Quake 2, and i guess they liked what they saw and hired him.
    • Feb 3, 2012
      That's really cool! Congrats to him! :grin: