Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Console Modding: PS3 Version

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Brett, Oct 30, 2013

1. Dec 6, 2011
    I was able to snatch up a PS3 and Xbox 360 for a total $250, a lot less than what I estimated before. In my previous thread I planned on completely breaking down and modifying both the Xbox 360 and PS3. Well, with my luck I was able to find a day one release PS3 already running the latest CFW. My seller (from San Diego), was also kind enough to clean out the inside, add a fan mod boost, replace the thermal paste with Arctic Silver, and even include some games/emulators for me when he didn't have to. When I expected to pay $150 minimum for a random refurbished cheapo PS3, I was able to get one for the same price with most of the modifications already done.

I was going to open it up right away to give it a look over, but I don't, for whatever reason, have a hex screwdriver.

ALSO! If you guys have some suggestions for great PS2/PS3 titles and great classics for my emulators, please let me know! I'm trying to build a list for a 1-2TB drive.

Doesn't get anymore Day One than this. Sad they removed most of the awesome features. (60GB)
    Capture2
    20131029_153936

I hope to do so much more with this, I want to try to get all of the awesome PS2 titles and great classics for the emulators once I pick up a 1-2TB drive for this.

@Badgriuel @agent 058 @Bender Rodriguez for PS2/PS3 recommendations and @Peter because you asked =)
    • Like Like x 2
      Brett, Oct 30, 2013 Last edited by Brett, Oct 30, 2013
    • May 31, 2012
      Really impressive and cool! When I decided not to buy a PS3 the first time it was because it was no reverse compatible. I did eventually get one but only had it for a short time; I left it at my ex's house... her family has welcomed me back to gather my belongings but I hate her so much that I haven't gone back for any of my things lol.
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Get The Last of Us. Superb story and immersive. Make sure to not get things spoiled for you.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jan 12, 2012
        • Feb 27, 2012
          For PS3, get The Last of Us, Twisted Metal (if you enjoyed the classics, but i recommend Twisted Metal 4 for the PS1 if you can find an ISO for it) Heavy Rain, and Beyond: Two Souls.

If you want to get some PS1 classics, get Twisted Metal 4, Silent Hill, Dino Crisis, Fear Effect, and NFL Blitz 2000 (i don't like football games, but this one, i have never enjoyed any sports game so much. It's like an all out deathmatch. There's almost no rules lol)
        • Jun 6, 2013
          If its not rogero you may want to put rogero on it because it can get around psn blacklist and play new games with safeguards.

Now that I think of it it could also be on rebug.
        • Dec 30, 2006
          Plan on getting the Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls during black friday or cyber monday. Hopefully they will have it on sale. Heard they are good games, also add me on psn you whore.
        • Dec 6, 2011
          If you'd look at the pictures you'd see it right there lol.

It came with Beyond: Two Souls already on it. It's all offline, sorry =P That's the point of it being modded, and I get the games... in ways other than buying if you catch my drift, that's why it's jailbroken. So feel free to make a giant list lol.
        • Mar 4, 2012

PS1:

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3
          Spyro 1
          Army Men Sarge's Heroes
          Metal Gear Solid
          Syphon Filter 1, 2, 3
          Gran Turismo Series (if you're into racing games)
          Twisted Metal Series
          Silent Hill

If you're into RPGs,

Final Fantasy Series
          Parasite Eve
          Xenogears

PS2:

SOCOM Series (was brilliant online but single player is still more than solid)
          Resident Evil Series
          Metal Gear Solid 2, 3
          Shadow of the Colossus
          Ico
          Dynasty Warriors Series (3 being the best IMO)
          GTA 3
          Red Dead Revolver
          Silent Hill 2
          Jak and Daxter Series
          Splinter Cell Series
          Ghost Recon Series

RPGs,

FF 10
          Kingdom Hearts 1, 2
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Dec 6, 2011
            Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. Do you have any recommendations for PS3?
          • Mar 4, 2012
            Eh I never really played my PS3 a lot. Started getting more into PC games after SOCOM 3 (PS2) multiplayer died. Now I mostly just use it for PS1 classics.

Which reminds me for the PS1 Medieval and Medieval 2 are great games and for the PS2 the Devil May Cry series (3 being the best IMO).

But for the PS3 I would say the Uncharted Series if you're into action-adventure games, Bioshock, MGS4, Resident Evil 5, uh I found Catherine to be interesting, Heavy Rain, Demon's and Dark Souls. Those are the ones I've actually played and enjoyed. Like I said don't really have a big library of PS3 games unlike PS1 and PS2 which I probably have over 100 games for both systems.

But the cool thing about the PS3 (IMO) is that there are a ton of cool indie games. Check our Journey I found the concept of the entire game refreshing.

I'll keep adding games to the PS1 and PS2 list as I think of stuff.
          • Dec 6, 2011
            Yea there was some great reviews about Journey, it was short but apparently still an amazing game.
          • Jun 6, 2013
            Sorry my computer need some maintenance and I haven't been able to fix my browser because I don't have alot of time anymore, but now I see he's running rogero. Please for the love of god stay on rogero. Also stay the F**k away from waninkoko's cfw (it kills nand based systems).
          • Dec 6, 2011
            I was aiming for Rogero in the beginning, but there's another good CFW too. The only problem with trying out new CFW is that there's assholes who are churning out fake firmwares to brick your system.
          • Mar 14, 2013
            Honestly agent, these aren't half bad. Dragons Dogma looks pretty beastly. Thanks for the recommendations.

Idk why but looking at your list reminded me of another awesome game, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger XD Played that shit on GameCube, it was awesome.