Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Coronavirus

Discussion in In The News started by dillinger, Mar 20, 2020

1. Dec 30, 2006
    Let me know, working the streets is getting hard.
  2. Mar 26, 2012
    I'm a paramedic in an area with several hundred cases of COVID-19 patients. It has been very interesting.
  3. May 31, 2012
    I took a look at the Amazon ones. Mostly very skilled jobs that require a degree and experience. Bummer.

Does anyone else use indeed? It's like a Google search for jobs IMO. I've only used it for jobs that required a degree and some experience, though, but recruiters were very responsive to the applications there.
  4. Mar 26, 2012
    I may have caught it. I was sent home yesterday due to having a fever. I also did have symptoms before the fever, but got worse after. Oddly, the fever and symptoms resolved today except weirdly have right arm pain. I have had several confirmed COVID19 patients and several suspected cases we call PUI. There is not enough testing for me to be tested. They won't test me unless I have a fever for >24 hours.
  5. Dec 17, 2007
    80% - 90% of the population in the US can fight off COVID 19, it just those that are young, elderly and immune weak that are at risk. I'm pretty sure you'll be ok.
  6. Mar 26, 2012
    This is a huge mistake people are making. If you are young and healthy, you can still die. Low risk does not mean no risk. I've seen twenty year olds die of the flu. There are cases of healthy teenagers dying from COVID19. The odds are in my favor, I doubt I will die, but there is always a possibility. Death from COVID19 is more likely if you are older and/or sicker, but not limited to. From what I've been told by company, this is much more contagious and deadlier than the regular flu. People try to compare it to car crashes, but is really more like commercial airline accidents instead.

Today, I woke up symptom free and without a fever. I did get a low grade fever here and there as I checked throughout the day, but nothing high. Nausea, shortness of breath, and body aches happened here there, especially tonight before going to sleep. My right arm hurted first, but now both hurt a lot. It's annoying. I am getting tested for COVID19 on Apr 2nd through Project Baseline, which was the only spot that would test me. Everyone is super stingy with tests as this thing spreads.
    Aprz, Apr 1, 2020 Last edited by Aprz, Apr 1, 2020
  7. Dec 30, 2006
    Stay safe @Aprz, as a first world country and touts to be the most powerful, we have the most absolute shit heatlh care system. Hopefully you get tested soon and then on the road to recovery.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 17, 2007
    • Apr 26, 2015
      From what I'm hearing lately, is all this is suppose to last for 18 months, until they can find a vaccine.
    • Mar 31, 2010

Anyway, I hope everyone's safe... We're living in sad times :frown: but at least our Earth is recovering...