Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Corsair vengeance k70 keyboard

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by dillinger, Dec 5, 2013

1. Feb 1, 2011
    • Mar 14, 2013
      • Feb 3, 2012

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate

[IMG]
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 1, 2011
          @agent 058 Looks cool, but I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard and that looks like a membrane one.

@Jed this looks good too, but I can't tell if its fully non-ghosting or not - this is something I'm looking for, nost just WASD non-ghosting but the whole keyboard. It's a better deal than the corsair so I might go with this instead if I can figure out if its fully non-ghosting
        • Oct 18, 2012
        • Jan 21, 2011

:bugeyes:
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Feb 8, 2013
            I wanted a k90. I honestly don't know the use of Mechanical Keyboards other than that clicky noise it makes when you push a key, but it gets pretty annoying at night and when you want it to be silent.
          • Mar 19, 2011
            • Feb 27, 2012
              • Oct 18, 2012
                Oops lolol was thinking about the deathadder while meaning to type blackwidow 2013
              • Mar 19, 2011
                • Oct 7, 2012
                  I have the k70 and it's really nice, though it's my first mechanical keyboard so take my word with a grain of salt.
                  • Like Like x 1
                    Bunghole650, Dec 5, 2013 Last edited by Bunghole650, Dec 5, 2013
                  • Jun 11, 2012
                    I have the K90 which is similar to the K95 and in the same family as the K70. Had this for more than a year now and love it. It's super mechanical and really nice. Keys are made of solid materials and the letter are laser sketched. Backlight on it can be controlled or turned off right there on the keyboard. It's make the exact sound a mechanical keyboard would make. It's rated high for a mechanical keyboard and no dependent on the driver to do anything unlike the razer where thing are simulated where as the K family keyboard, right there, on the keyboard, everything you want, even a lock windows key so it doesn't start the Start menu.
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Dec 6, 2011
                      @dillinger if there's nobody in your home to be annoyed by VERY loud clicking noises, then go for the Corsair K70 or K95, or the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate. If you're worried about noise, Razer has a silent version of the Blackwidow Ultimate I believe, for the same price.

I would recommend either Corsair or Razer, I'm not a fan of Logitech keybaords, just because they're a cheaper plastic, while the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate is mostly thick glossy plastic/metal on the inside, and the Corsair K70/k95 are an aluminum chassis. The aluminum chassis on the Corsair keyboards is very sturdy, and it's damn hard to even bend it (check out LinusTechTips' review on the K95 for an example).

In the end, it's up to you. Mechanical keys are a lot taller, and some people become annoyed by them for their bulkiness. I even find myself using my laptop over my Blackwidow Ultimate for Super Hexagon because the taller keys take longer to push/work with, thus making my response times slower (it's quite ironic, being that mechanical keys should be faster and all).
                      • Informative Informative x 1
                      • Feb 1, 2011
                        I'm not worried about noise and I doubt I'd use all the extra keys that the K95 has. Sounds like the K70 is a solid bet for me. Thanks a lot for all the help!
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Dec 6, 2011
                          Check out the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (2012 is blue LED, 2013 is Green LED). They run for the same price as the K70, possibly cheaper. I think both of them are really good, you should check them out.
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Feb 1, 2011
                            Sure thing, I oughtta give that one a shot too. To be honest I was kinda sold on the sleek looks of the Corsair silver/blue one which is why I may seem a bit partial to it :razz: But really functionality is key here so I shouldn't let looks sway me. I've been using a Razer membrane keyboard (Arctosa? i think) for a few years now and it's been great so I can't knock their products.
                          • Dec 6, 2011
                            Yeah, the feel of the Blackwidow Ultimate is awesome though. It does have that plain, bulky look to it, but it has a nice glossy black plastic around the edges, and the keys have the cool Razer font. TBH I do plan on changing to the Corsair K95, but that's strictly because I've had a terrible experience with Razer Synapse (their software drivers), and for some reason it's only me. For example, even after uninstalling/reinstalling, I cannot even get Synapse to start anymore. It'll load to the tray icon, but it won't open up and the LEDs on my keyboard won't even work.
                          • Nov 17, 2012
                            I have a K70, amazing keyboard. Took me a while to get used to though, the keys are fairly high, my last few keyboards were flat-ish. Other than that, very solid keyboard. Fantastic!
                          • Feb 9, 2012
                            dillinger, before u get the K70, u should learn more about the switches if you don't know about them.
                            While the K70 has the cherry red switches, the razer keyboards typically have the cherry blue switches.

It's a huge matter of preference and there is a huge difference.

I own the blackwidow ultimate and my friend has the K70. For clicking noises, the blackwidow beats it out. if you're very comfortable with red switches (where the keys are very very sensitive) and it's going to be your first time, prepare for many typos and accidental keystrokes.

Both are backlit although the blackwidow ultimate is green all around except for one key, the k70 has customizable backlighting on individual keys.