Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Could crc map (map name) disconnecting help.

Discussion in Gaming started by Kinetic, Jul 26, 2012

1. May 31, 2012
    Im on a mac and sometimes (most of the time) when I'm downloading a map i get this error message. I have tried deleting the map and redownloading it, i have tried downloading the .rar from gamebannana but nothing works. I heard that macs can only download less than 30mb on css. how can i also change this so i can download more.
  2. Apr 29, 2011

If its bigger than 35mb, it doesnt work. Not just for CSS, but other games, like TF2.

If you get donor/admin, you get access to regularly updated map packs.

Try unzipping the rar inside the map folder.
  3. Apr 20, 2011
  4. Jan 28, 2012
    Actually the last CSS update supposedly fixed the thing with maps larger than 35 MB.
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    I don't mean to be an asshole. Nah fuck the pleasantries I do mean to be an asshole and I'm going to be once again. There has been several threads on this and the answer I have found works best? Dual boot the fucking thing. I have an iMac and it's the best solution I have found for gaming on it. The software was designed for Windows and ported to Mac OS later that being said there is always glitches in that process. Bootcamp your Mac if you want to play games on it. Gaben is on this kick right now called jerk the fanboy off so they do things like port their games to different OS's so everyone screams "OMG GABEN! VALVE IS LOOKING OUT FOR OUR COMMUNITY PUT YOUR COCK DIRECTLY INTO MY MOUTH AND EJACULATE AWAY WHILE I GIVE YOU ALL THE MONIES!!!!!!!!!" it doesn't mean the software is any good if it runs on Mac OS or coming soon Linux it just means it does. Running the game in Windows you will see a massive performance increase and the end to the CRC validation check error.
  7. Nov 11, 2011
    Relevant: http://plaguefest.com/threads/ze_predator_ultimate-v3-help.11285

EDIT: Also relevant to Never Enoughs rant: [IMG]
    sajak, Jul 26, 2012 Last edited by sajak, Jul 26, 2012
  8. Apr 9, 2007
    I'm not going to lie, I didn't read a few posts because there seems to be a ton of garbage. But this was fixed in the last engine update, as is evident from him saying he's grabbing the maps from GB and they're not working either...

Which map are you having problems with @Kinetic ?
  9. Feb 14, 2012
    According to his other threads on the same subject it's predator. As for the patch notes saying it fixed download that took longer than 30 seconds you're right they did. They said nothing about the maximum size limit that is also an issue.
    Canadian Moose, Jul 26, 2012 Last edited by Never Enough, Jul 26, 2012
  10. May 31, 2012
    I'm having problems mostly with ze maps because they're the biggest. And never, how do you "bootcamp" a mac.
  11. Feb 14, 2012
    Well first you get a copy of Windows. Then you go to applications - > utilities - > bootcamp and follow the instructions on the screen to partition your disk. Then you reboot and install your copy of Windows to the partition the bootcamp application just made for you. Don't forget to check "Download the Windows 7 software" or the OS will be dead in the water driver wise when it comes up. Windows XP is not supported.
  12. May 31, 2012
  13. May 31, 2012
    Could i try one of the pf map packs for free so i don't pay for it and find out it doesn't work?
  14. May 15, 2011
    lol no. It will work. As it has for multiple others.
  15. Apr 29, 2011
    I can support the Mac ported games being full of errors. And not just on CSS

Example: Splinter Cell Conviction. I start the game, graphics freak out, cant even see the menu. I try to navigate it by the sound of highlighting buttons, eventually make my way into new game. The loading screen and intro worked fine, but in game....Everything but me and the enemies were invisible. Looked up issue on the internet, where everyone claims it is caused by bad card.

Bootcamped my Mac with W7. Install the game there and try. Game works perfectly fine.

And thats just the tip of it. Civ V, you have to fucking edit the main menu's LUA to get the mod button in. Beach Ball of Death everywhere.

Anywhoo, I'm pretty sure the CRC bug being gone is BS, or they fixed the reason behind the first one, and it just moved to another cause. Its still there in TF2 at least, IDK about CSS.

Best bet, Bootcamp. You don't even have to buy a full version of Windows, just get an upgrade version (Which should be cheaper), install WITHOUT putting in the registration key (which means it will install the trial version of windows). After installing the trial version, run the process again, and this time put the registration key in. It will upgrade the trial to a full version, and voila, you're done. If you are too cheap to get an upgrade version of Windows, just get Donor for a month, download the map packs, and cancel your sub.

Even you don't have access to either your own/your mom's credit card, just download the map from gamebanana, unzip the rar in your map folder, and delete all of the incomplete versions of the map, which you can identify by their file size being measured in bytes, rather than megabytes.

Sidenote: Dirtbag, what is with your sudden fascination with Xenomorphs? I miss your old avatar/sig
  16. May 31, 2012
    if i download the map packs from plaguefest and my donor or admin ends, do i keep the maps?
  17. May 14, 2011
  18. May 15, 2011
    Oh no! You MUST keep purchasing Donator or else we will go into your computer and delete all your maps! *Le Gasp* We are evil!
  19. May 14, 2011
    Oh yeah i forgot about that, In that case you must keep purchasing donor.