Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Discussion in Gaming started by Ray, Aug 11, 2011

1. Aug 18, 2006
    Well, it looks like rumors have proved true: Valve is working on another Counter-Strike game called CS:GO (Global Offensive). It uses a modern updated version of the Source engine and has some classic maps, albeit sometimes heavily modified, as well as presumably new maps/content. More information coming tomorrow...

Store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/1800/
  2. Aug 13, 2010
  3. May 27, 2008
    If it was Global Ops people would be like "I love that new Call of Duty Globe Ops gaem"
  4. Mar 16, 2008
    This makes me happy
  5. Mar 13, 2010
    Would we be switching over to it or sticking to Source?
  6. Aug 18, 2006
    If it does turn out to be another CS game, we will NOT abandon source at all, but we will definitely expand over to it.
  7. Jul 14, 2008
    Hopefully the graphics look way better.
  8. Aug 18, 2006
    CS:S is a 7 year old game. What else do you expect? :confused: Even by today's means, CS:S isn't a bad looking game IMO.
  9. Jul 14, 2008
    I know it's not bad at all, once you get used to it everything looks nice ;P I always wanted to see how the game would look with up to date graphics.
  10. May 15, 2011
    If it's basically just going to be CS:S with pretty graphics, what's the point?

Seems like a waste to me.

I'd wish they'd add some more game mechanics.

I don't think graphics are something worth buying a game for in my opinion. :/
  11. Mar 16, 2008
    What Ray said, we will be expanding into this as soon as it's released but I wouldn't expect a Zombie Mod to be on it until a few months after released with so many things being needed to be created for it.

Nothing has been announced besides it's name. There is no way they would just improve the graphics for something like this. Valve wants this to be a blockbuster hit.
  12. Jun 15, 2011
  13. Mar 25, 2011
    Hm, so many questions. [IMG]

But mainly i want to know how similar it will be to source, I just hope that its not going to destroy the source populace, but I'm sure it won't.
  14. Apr 11, 2011
    Hopefully they fix hitboxes, fix smoke nades dropping fps, and improve graphics. I'd definitely buy it as soon as it comes out.
  15. Apr 15, 2010
    I will definately wait for it to be on a steam sale and swoop in for the buy like the cheap bastard I am :thumbsup:
  16. Aug 13, 2010
  17. Jun 19, 2011
  18. Apr 9, 2007
    <stinkyfax> http://store.steampowered.com/app/1800/
  19. Jun 19, 2011
    The only thing is no price yet.
  20. Apr 15, 2010
    I hope to god they dont ruin this, if they do and make it like cod i will fucking shoot myself.