Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Counter Strike Source Beta

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Josh, May 11, 2010

1. Mar 16, 2008

http://store.steampowered.com/app/260/

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Available immediately, Valve has launched an extensive update to Counter-Strike: Source, now in beta. The update includes a host of new features and functionality developed in collaboration with Hidden Path Studios.

This beta will run for a limited time, and once complete, the update will be deployed to all Counter-Strike: Source owners for free via Steam.

Click the 'install game' button above to opt in to the beta and get started. If you don't see the button above, we've filled the available slots.

Please submit any bugs or feedback on the Counter-Strike: Source Beta forum
  2. Aug 8, 2008
  3. Dec 30, 2006
    Got this...now to finish finals then continuous playing for hours...wahoo.
  4. Apr 4, 2009
  5. Dec 30, 2006
  6. Mar 31, 2010
  7. May 31, 2008
    its horrible. if they add those features to the current source i will probably stop playing.

Counter-Strike: Casual
  8. Apr 18, 2010
    it came out on may 7th... way to be late :verymad:
  9. Mar 16, 2008
    It was released about 15 minutes before I posted this thank you.
  10. Feb 1, 2010

About the Game

Available immediately, Valve has launched an extensive update to Counter-Strike: Source, now in beta. The update includes a host of new features and functionality developed in collaboration with Hidden Path Studios.

This beta will run for a limited time, and once complete, the update will be deployed to all Counter-Strike: Source owners for free via Steam.

Click the 'install game' button above to opt in to the beta and get started. If you don't see the button above, we've filled the available slots.

Please submit any bugs or feedback on the Counter-Strike: Source Beta forum

Features new to the beta

• 144 achievements added
    • New lifetime player stats and summary screens
    • New match player stats and summary screens
    • New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
    • Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
    • New cinematic death camera
    • New domination and revenge system
    • Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
    • Incorporated many source engine updates

Video

11. May 31, 2008
    goodnight sweet counter strike. it has been a pleasure.
  12. Jan 10, 2009
    ahhh now i can put all my Hd shit too good use... must use all interwebz and megabits of grafixs!
  13. Aug 8, 2008
    Atleast we still got our mods.
  14. Jan 7, 2009
    I better be able to use the shit-ton of skins I downloaded in this new version, otherwise I will fucking kill Valve.
    What's the point of this, to make it more familiar to nooby console gamers?
  15. May 31, 2008
    too make casual gamers (aka the guys who makes games bad) more happy. its basically going to turn into counter strike : casual and all the mw2 kiddies and tf2 kiddies will be super excited because there will be super awesome acheesements and super awesome mvp stars.

basically its making this game shit unless you can disable all of it client side.
  16. Jul 14, 2008
    As long as we get better graphics and gameplay doesn't get affected its gonna be great
  17. Dec 20, 2008

haters gonna hate. I'm excited! :]]]]
  18. Jun 29, 2008
    it's just less competitive and more casual friendly (like sitrik said)

the graphics aren't going to change, and they don't really need to and yes the gameplay is going to be slightly different

maybe they are going to keep them seperate games somehow, so there's a "tf2 cs:s" and just the ol' cs:s
  19. May 31, 2008
    All they needed to do was fix hit registration and interpolate. Adding achievements and mvp stars and the like is just opening the doorway for fucking hats and shit. The game is fine the way it is right now. Nobody who plays the game consistently wants these changes it's only the casual faggots who get on once a week for an hour who want them. They will get bored with it in a month and go back to playing tf2 then all of us who actually enjoyed the game and stick with the game will be left with this shit.

I hope so.
  20. Jun 29, 2008
    agreed, but i have to admit that i will pop on the "tf2 cs:s" just for funsies