Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Counter-Strike: Source - Bugging Out!!!

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Bella, Mar 28, 2012

1. Nov 14, 2010
    As you may have noticed, Counter-Strike: Source has been relatively buggy. The props seem to hover in a low-gravity state when attacked/touched. The ragdoll effects are enhanced at an unbelievably hilarious rate. And the weapons seem to just fall effortlessly through the floor. I'm not exactly sure what triggered this, but I'm guessing it was a valve-fail-update related incidence.

For admins, you'll notice maybe a few admin commands don't seem to work or they work a little differently, for example; the LSAs have a name-changing command that I hear has been broken, or messed up.

All I can say is bare with it, and hope that everything will resolve sooner or later. Maybe someone with more insight on this can give us a better explanation?
  2. Jul 4, 2011
    The physics are most likely glitched, a server restart would fix it. Happens ocassionaly. This was also why Minas Tirith was removed from the ZE server, it bugged the physics every time it was on.
  3. Nov 14, 2010
    It's been like this a few weeks. Even after server crashes, and such. The physics aren't ALWAYS messed up, they can be fine one round, and mess up another. It's odd.
  4. Mar 20, 2011
    Well I have been infected from an impossible distance a few times which is annoying, prob another issue.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nov 14, 2010
      Nope not delusional, just started happening after a recent steam update. Not sure why that dude calls it registry issue. I am not sure if he is talking about the windows registry hive, or just config files in css he is calling registry, because there is nothing wrong with my windows registry hive. It is however nice info. Bella mind telling me what your Lerp issue is? Also with physics jacked up on a map, I could see getting stabbed from a far a possiblility.

Thanks for the 411
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Apr 14, 2011
      Try to fix it from your end by verifying game cache, this is to make sure your end is 100%

Right Click Steam Icon
      Left Click Library
      Right Click Game
      Left Click Properties
      Left Click Local Files
      Left Click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"
      Process man take several minutes so make a cup of tea and have a seat.
    • Mar 20, 2011
      Kosuki if the fix was simple as that, this thread would not exist...
    • Apr 14, 2011
      you never know its best to start with the easy steps and not everyone knows about "Verifying Integrity of Game Cache".
      It sounds like a server issue, does it happen on one map more then another?
      As for the admin commands thats server for sure.
    • Mar 20, 2011
      Not everyone, but Bella sure knows, so does Tony, and Kyle in this thread. And as for being stabbed from a far that would have nothing to do with the game cache at all. But thanks for your post anyhow, verifying game cache can fix launching issues and other start up problems.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      This aint no site bug what fuck... moved to CSS...

All these "issues" are on the training server and they're caused by plugins... The rename shit is super old, who knows why it doesn't work on some but not others, probably missing an extension, but we've never told admins to use rename in any situation... it's not in our punishment procedure or anything.
    • Nov 14, 2010
      It's actually happening on all the servers. But like I said, not every round, just some have physic-glitches.
    • Jan 21, 2011
      He's talking about CSS registering bullet hits in game.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      We haven't needed that extension for quite some time :frown:
    • Jun 4, 2006
      can't be other than just the physics related glitches as you said (not ragdolls though, that's a plugin, the props going through the floor though, that's not). And I'm not sure what you're saying... if it's not every round, then other servers have physics glitches every map no matter what now? Or is it the normal physics glitches that occur on some maps...

well shit
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Tell me which plugins require it still and I'll remove the dependency.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      how should I know, I don't even know what extension you're talking about