Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Counter Strike Source Giveaway

Discussion in Gaming started by Conker, May 21, 2011

1. Mar 31, 2010
    It has come to my attention that there are TOO many people on the minigame server that DON'T have a legit copy of CS:S. So to simplify the lives of some, and knowing they ALL want the real thing, I'm gonna make a little contest. No more numbers. Instead, post a reason why YOU should have CS:S.

Note: Say you already have CS:S, but a friend of yours doesn't, and you'd like for him/her to play with you on PF servers or whatever (think of it more as a gift to a good friend), that's fine in my books! So, if you have a brother, or a sister, or a best friend, that you'd like to play with you sometimes, there's your reason. But, mention why! Also, it helps to be completely sincere (see part below)!

In other words, if you or a friend of yours want a free copy of CS:S, let me know WHY you (or your friend) should be the one to get a free copy, and on May 22nd at 11:59:59 PM EST, I will pick a winner (the one with the best reason).
    ALSO, for whoever WINS this free copy of CS:S, if they are ACTIVE in the community and play on PF servers more-than-regularly, THEY, and the person who brought them in this contest (if any), will get a 1 MONTH ADMIN paid fully by yours truly!

The goal is simple: more players on the servers! Ta-da!

2. Mar 31, 2010
    Also, quick note:

If this contest goes very well, expect a mega contest next. One of which NONE of you would want to miss out of! (Something big... :shock:)
  3. May 27, 2008
    You're doing a great thing here Conky. I wish everyone the best of luck in this contest. :smile:
  4. May 5, 2011
    Finally! My friend wanted to play pF so bad but he ha no job yet XD he always wanted to come over to my house and play but his parents always tell him they gotta go so he had to go too. Like the first time I showed him what CS:S pF zombie Server was, he got so addicted and wouldn't share me my turn lol. I wish he can have that game and so he can also play along with the community. He always ask me how is the server doing, and what do I do at the server and like asks me all these questions of pF Servers and also since I started to play Minigame he saw me playing it and really wants it bad now lol but can never get CS:S. So I'll do my best to win this game for him. :smile:

Thanks Conker for your loving care for the Community. <3
  5. Feb 24, 2011
    hmmm i wish i had a friend to win it for :frown: lol yah00's story is really good haha
  6. Apr 13, 2011
    If I had friends I would tell them about this contest.

Great idea! Thanks for doing this, I bet it will benefit the servers greatly.
  7. Mar 31, 2010
    Also in the race,

=pF= EviL MonKeY (through PM)

Guys, make sure you post over here, and not through PM. You've got 28 hours left to join this contest.

Like I said, the more people interested in these -- anyone on forums that doesn't have a legit copy and/or needs/wants one, POST POST POST -- the better I'll make these contests over the next few weeks (including a very special contest I've got in mind). But, I need to see participation - this isn't about who should get a free copy just to give away out of the blues, but rather it's more of a 'who should get a free copy that can possibly also contribute and bring something to the servers and to the forums'. Which is why I'll quote myself from above:

I'd like to help the community out the best I can, so these contests all have a meaning. So make sure you're honest, sincere, and post why you or your friend should receive a free copy of CS:S, and you both might have a chance to also score a 1 month admin paid off, but I need to see results first. Thank you for understanding.
  8. May 11, 2011
    I'd like to get this copy of CS:S for my friend, because he likes to play it on my computer, and enjoys the game a lot. He would buy a copy for himself, but he has no credit card or paypal, so that's out of the question. It would be awesome if you gave him this as an early birthday present (his birthday is the 8th of June.)
  9. Dec 7, 2010
    Here is my compelling argument which seems to work for everything else: "meow" :razz:
  10. Mar 31, 2010
    I'll be announcing the winner in just a moment.

What a contest we've got here! 3 people in the running!
  11. Mar 31, 2010
    Okay, I have and decided. The winner is....

=pF= EviL MonKeY

Evil Monkey, please PM me with your friend's Steam ID.

If he doesn't have one, tell him to go download Steam client from http://store.steampowered.com/
    The install button is at the top right. Once he has his Steam ID registered and all, PM me his Steam ID then, and the game is his!

Now, on the other note, if you and your friend are active for the next month on pF servers AND forum, YOU and YOUR FRIEND will receive a 1-month admin paid by me, in the condition that you both maintain a good reputation in the community.

12. Feb 23, 2011
    Hey, sorry I thought we had to pm you. My bad.

Should have just posted here.
  13. Feb 23, 2011
    Hey Thanks Conkers. [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

I am trying to add you in steam but its acting like bitch. "A connection to the friends network could not be established.Steam will automatically retry connection until the service becomes available. "

Thanks Again

14. Dec 7, 2010
    You mean my expressive argument of "meow" didn't do it?? :razz:
  15. Feb 23, 2011
    Ok I have sent u a friend request on steam. Pls check.
  16. Feb 23, 2011
    I had more "Meowss" than u Harvey. [IMG]
  17. Mar 31, 2010
    LMAO @ Harvey. Sorry, bud! :razz:

As for Evil Monkey, congrats again. I've got you on my Steam Friends List, and waiting to receive your friend's Steam ID, and ta-da CS:S is his!
  18. Feb 1, 2011
    Hey Conkers,

Thanks a ton man... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: .... really happy that evil won this competition..