Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Country muted

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by crazybird, Jan 9, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 9, 2012
    Hello i just wanted to tell u the following

The other day i was in the server and i wanted to use my mic, after several days of watching my mic not working on that single server i asked an admin that what was going on, and she told me that
    if ur not from america (and other countrys wich only speak english) u get automatically muted, sorry but this is just retarded i actually said to her y not talking to the main server admins to talk about
    that issue coz the very same admin i spoke to told me that other friends of her had the same issue, and all of a sudden another admin talks and says: Its smart deal with it... oh yeah i forgot u dont have
    an issue with that coz ur american!! no wonder y u dont care about it. srsly every time i get in the server theres an admin im sure u can work anything else than muting a player that is from another country
    just because u think he will speak another language or grief, apart from that being racist. U could put a message when entering the server that says no griefing or other language than english allowed and
    problem solved if after that the player griefs or speak another language thats not english then mute him/she as i said theres always an admin in the server... just take this as a sirious advice.
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    Oh sure, just put a message up saying don't do this and people definitely WON'T do it, problem solved indeed! :rolleyes:

We have auto-mute installed because we run popular, global servers, this means we get a lot of non-english speaking players joining our servers and spamming the mics. This creates unnecessary work for admins. We run English SPEAKING servers after all, but we allow any language in chat. That being said, if a player is from a country that is muted he or she can request to have his/her country added to the whitelist. This is simply a precautionary step to clean up voice chat in game and it's proven to work very well.

I understand your point of view and where you're coming from, but you must understand ours from the perspective of a server administrator. You can request your country to be whitelisted as I've said, but it may not be granted, or it may be re-muted in the future if the country proves to be an issue. Short of this, you can obtain Donator which is immune from the filter.

I'm also not sure why you mention griefing as the country mute has nothing to do with griefing or anything similar.

Thanks for your "sirious advice"
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    Why is this a problem, when you are connecting to an American server?

I personally don't like someone screaming in Russian/Spanish/German/French/BR/ etc because not only is it annoying to me, it's also annoying to other players.

You may type as much as you like, but when it comes to voice chat, we keep it strictly English.
  4. Mar 26, 2011
    Same here, It's really annoying when admin are not on.
  5. Jul 19, 2011
    O brian.... you crack me up. Instead of complaining, just request a whitelist and SHAZAM problem solved. Also, our servers won't be that great to you because your ping will probably be 150+. I would recommend finding a server near your country.
  6. Sep 30, 2011
    YOU WANT CHEESEBURGER?
    YOU WANT PIZZA!
    AMERICA IS SCUM!

Trolololololo, I love it. <3
  7. Apr 29, 2011
    If you are from a non-whitelisted country, just ask an admin to mute you and then unmute you. Then you'll be able to talk.

And actually, there isn't always admins on, so the whitelist is needed for the times when there aren't any admins available to mute the player. Plus, they would have to remute them every round (More than likely).
  8. Mar 12, 2008
    you would not even BEGIN to understand how hard a foreigner would flip shit if he/she was muted out of the blue.

its hard to explain too, because he/she may not speak great english. Unless he/she can read english, or understand it, the point is hard to get across.

ever since we had this country whitelist thing, there's been less mic spam. was a headache-and-a-half before it was implemented...they'd just re-join to dodge mute, then earn a ban and bitch here about it.

tl;dr if you can read this, ask to be whitelisted.
  9. Apr 29, 2011
    If you are from a non-whitelisted country, just ask an admin to mute you and then unmute you. Then you'll be able to talk.

Not really out of the blue if they ASK for it, correct?
  10. Mar 12, 2008

but that's true. Most, however wouldn't know that they could do that. I guess it separates the tards from the actually decent people.
  11. Feb 21, 2007
    I'm going to go ahead and close this before any more flaming continues.

Original Poster:

I am not sure what you wanted to accomplish by coming in here and raging at us. Your arguments are invalid. As Brian said, this is a English server, therefore we can mute any non-English speaking country, especially when they are mostly spammers.

If you do not like this, then do not play on our servers. otherwise, you can politely request that your country be unmuted. And quite honestly, after all your attacking us, I'm not really sure i want you unmuted.

Anyways, make a new thread if you wish to have your country added to the un-mute list. :locked:
  12. Jun 4, 2006
    For the record he's from Mexico so his request would be null from the git go. He's shit out of luck unless he forks over 136 pesos for donator.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.