Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Country restriction

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Hakcu, Apr 20, 2012

1. Apr 16, 2012
    Hello, I'm from Spain and my country seems to be blacklisted so I get muted every time I join a PF server; I would ask if you guys would consider removing that restriction, it gets annoying to be muted/unmuted every time by an admin, if there's one.
    I'm asking this not because I want to spam my mic, just to improve the teamplay like everyone else, and being able to talk to some players.

This may also help other spanish players, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only spanish player in the community.

Thank you.
    • Informative Informative x 1
      Hakcu, Apr 20, 2012 Last edited by Hakcu, Apr 20, 2012
    • Feb 21, 2007
      You are correct, you are not the only spanish player. However, I do know, from your latino cousins (i think), we tend to get some spanish mic spammers. I am not sure if we have had a problem with Spain, spanish mic spammers before. I would be happy to add Spain to the whitelist if this is the case. However I would like to hear from others about this before changing anything.
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Apr 9, 2007
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Apr 16, 2012
          Thank you for your answers, hope more staff give their opinions.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Reminds me of that Dominican player named "(Called)" Funny guy, always has to get muted, then unmuted everytime.
        • Oct 17, 2011
          Ike. I am sick and tired of that but I love him too. He is cool.
        • Apr 16, 2012
          Again thanks for the answers, I don't think this is going anywhere but anyways thanks.
        • D3adDawn
          This message by D3adDawn has been removed from public view. Deleted by D3adDawn, Apr 22, 2012.
          Apr 22, 2012
        • Apr 16, 2012
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 21, 2007
            ᵔ◡ᵔ
          • Nov 11, 2011
            blacklisting countries seems unnecessary. Why allow a few to ruin it for everyone? Besides, most countries speak better english than the english speaking countries do. Muting is easy enough as long as your others do not second guess your actions. We should allow all players to enjoy this game equally to the best of our abilities, and if we can put up with the constant mic spam from english players, we can certainly handle a few seconds of spam in other languages before mutes go out.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Oct 29, 2010
              Unfortunately I haven't the slightest idea what the English speaking population of Spain is, I don't have the foggiest clue on what the decision should be here.
            • Jan 12, 2012
            • Jul 20, 2010
              Hakcu seems to speak english pretty well, I have no idea how much of the population of Spain speak it but probably safe to say most since most European countries require them to learn english when in school since english is used world wide.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • May 27, 2008
                I just woke up, and I've all but skimmed, but let's whitelist Spain.
              • sajak
                This message by sajak has been removed from public view. Deleted by sajak, Apr 22, 2012, Reason: Troll post.
                Apr 22, 2012
              • Apr 16, 2012
                We start learning English at the age of 7-8, so I think we get a solid base of English hehe
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Nov 29, 2010
                  How about you be nice to your peers for a change instead of being a twat? Thaaanks.

English is a 2nd language in Spain and when I travelled there, I did run into quite a few people who spoke passable english
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Mar 16, 2008
                    • Nov 11, 2011
                      I've gotten over 15 "disagrees" from people that had nothing to do with the conversation. Shows how people like to feel important on the internet.
                      • Agree Agree x 1