Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

country unmute request

Discussion in Help Desk started by Sh@dOw_OwL, Aug 8, 2012

1. Aug 8, 2012
    Hello PF, I am from Romania an I am a really good English speaker and i hate the fact that i cannot speak with my fellow players because i'm from a banned country, so, please unmute/allow Romania to speak, or just me if possible.

p.s. if any additional information is needed please let me know. :smile:

Regards, Sh@dOw_OwL
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    How can we say no to a fellow like you?! :cute: Only management will be able to make this decision, let's hope you're allowed! Your English seems perfectly fine.
  3. Mar 16, 2008
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania
    Official language(s) Romanian
    Recognised regional languages Hungarian, German,Romani

How well do most people in Romania who are on the internet speak English? We only have a whitelist because other languages were interfering with game play. An alternative if we do not whitelist is become a donor or admin.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Aug 8, 2012
      most people in Romania(talking about those who* have CS:S) speak English a little under well but as far as i could see i was the only Romanian on the server, i actually asked in the chat if there's anyone from RO and no answers were given. but as well there are many Romanians who speak English as good as I(no intend to brag).
    • Jul 8, 2012
      alternative route is to ask an admin to mute/unmute you. I know myslef and most admins would be glad to do that so you can talk. :wave:
    • Nov 11, 2011
      That's not really bragging, it's simply stating a fact. I personally haven't played with any Romanians on PlagueFest but have played on other servers. Their knowledge of the English language seems fine to me.
    • May 15, 2011
      I played with him and he seemed pretty chill. :thumbsup:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 9, 2007
      • Mar 16, 2008
        http://stats.plaguefest.com/players/css/?type=countryinfo&valuecountry=ro
        You're one of two people from Romania who are active on our servers. I'll go ahead and whitelist Romania on Minigames which you both play however you need to know that if there is an outbreak in "foreign" mic spam, the whitelist will be removed.
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Aug 8, 2012
          Thank you very much, I'll do my best to behave myself:wink:
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • May 5, 2012
            Is there a list where people can see what countries are blacklisted?
          • Apr 9, 2007
            We have a whitelist of Countries, and now it varies per server.
          • Mar 16, 2008
            Its a whitelist, aka they must be on the list to talk. At the beginning, no one can talk until they're on the list.
            A blacklist would be everyone is able to talk and then start removing them.
            http://www.uspto.gov/patft/help/helpctry.htm
            The countries whitelisted on Minigames.
            AU, BE, BS, CA, CO, DE, GB, IL, LT, LV, NL, PH, RO, SA, SE, US, SA, NZ, NO, DK, PT
          • May 5, 2012
            Yea, sry ^^ thanks for the info though :smile: