Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Couple plugin ideas.

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Devious Toast, Aug 7, 2011

1. Aug 1, 2011
    Only having admin with pF for the past week, I have a couple suggestions for plugins that would be useful. Having been everything from a server owner down, I know these plugins are out there, and if not available for download, can be scripted and uploaded to the servers.

1: a plugin that adds and removes weapons at the admins discretion, ranging from just removing a single weapon, to all of them, and weapons can be added individually. I've seen this plugin in use on my old zm clan back in 07, and have one like it for the DoD:S clan's server that im running. This plugin comes in handy for use against people that are in illegal spots, and could be useful for other purposes too.

2: DDOS attack blockers/fixers. Since I don't have access to the server files, I don't know if this plugin is currently employed on pF servers but I'm guessing it is. I know for a fact that there are multiple versions of this plugin out there, used to block attacks which "real" hackers like to use against servers, ranging from web host servers, game servers, to ftp servers. Some work better than others, the one my DoD:S clan uses is called DosAttackFixer which was provided by the server host, works well enough so far, and there are better plugins out there.

3: This one isn't so much a plugin, as a modification of the sourcemod config files. Other than skins, I'm not sure what other perks Donators get, but an idea would be to give them access to beacon themselves.

This is all I can think of for now, if I can think of anything else, I'll add it to this thread.
  2. Jul 25, 2011
    I think some of these we already have, and I think you should talk to kyle about plugins etc. He does the server maintenance I think
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    2/3 we already have. Last one is crap.
  4. Aug 1, 2011
    fair enough, just never seen the weapons one used ever, and though giving donators access to give themselves beacon would be convenient since they often ask for a beacon.
  5. Jul 19, 2011
    if they want to beacon themselves they must buy admin and do it

and illegal spots are dealt with fairly not taking away their guns and letting them die we give them 2 warnings or so and freeze them a couple of times and if they dont we kick simple as that
  6. Aug 1, 2011
    lol, wolfman, you should read the guide on enforcing rules, will save you a lot of time on the servers so you don't spend an entire map warning and freezing a person. Link to the guide