Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Couple Questions on basic ZE triggers and mechs

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Noodles, May 28, 2012

1. Feb 12, 2012
    So I need help with a few things for my upcoming map. I'll just go ahead and list what I need help with (TopHattWaffle's site is screwy and doesn't have the videos on there)

My map has 5 levels to it. After spending a certain amount of time on each level, the teleport will activate and transfer you to the next level. I already have the Start Disabled on, but how do I Enable it after a time frame?

I need to block zombies at the teleport before the Humans leave to the next level and get a head start. What would I use to do that? A block/push trigger?

And finally, I need help with moving objects (like a spinning blade on the floor). I want to parent a teleport trigger to the "blade", but how do I rotate the blade?

I'm sorry I'm asking these questions. I normally use TopHatWaffle's tutorials, but he names the videos after the triggers/funcs and stuff and I don't know what kind of triggers/funcs to use in the first place :/

:EDIT: Shit. I posted this in the wrong section. I was in this section looking for tutorials and forgot I wasn't in Mapping Discussion :/
  2. Sep 25, 2010
    1) Many ways to do this. you can use a logic_auto or logic_timer or have a trigger_once right under where humans spawn.
    2)have a trigger push at that area filtered against zombies.
    3)func_rotating.
  3. May 14, 2011
    So I need help with a few things for my upcoming map. I'll just go ahead and list what I need help with (TopHattWaffle's site is screwy and doesn't have the videos on there)

My map has 5 levels to it. After spending a certain amount of time on each level, the teleport will activate and transfer you to the next level. I already have the Start Disabled on, but how do I Enable it after a time frame?

Put a delay on a trigger mulitple. "OnStartTouch (Teleport name) Enable - 30 (for 30 secs)

I need to block zombies at the teleport before the Humans leave to the next level and get a head start. What would I use to do that? A block/push trigger?

Teleport them into a jail. To telport just zombies use "filter_team_activator" and in the telport filter setting select the name of the filter.

And finally, I need help with moving objects (like a spinning blade on the floor). I want to parent a teleport trigger to the "blade", but how do I rotate the blade?

func_rotating

I'm sorry I'm asking these questions. I normally use TopHatWaffle's tutorials, but he names the videos after the triggers/funcs and stuff and I don't know what kind of triggers/funcs to use in the first place :/

I could make some tuts for this if nothing is up on youtube for this.

Give me some ideas :razz:

*EDIT*

meh deto beat me to it. FUUUUU

My one is more ordered so ill keep it though
  4. Feb 12, 2012
    So I'm working on the teleporter right now and this is what I got:

logic_auto, On Map Spawn, Target Entities lvl1to2(Teleporter name), Add output after a delay of 60 seconds (thats how long itll be)

it's not working, and logic_auto looks like what I need to use. any help?
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Ghost, go ahead with the tutorial. This will help the pF community and expand its user base. And Noodles doesn't need help, he needs a miracle :razz: jk. Here comes ze_lila_panic_reloaded_v1 :-D
  6. Sep 25, 2010
    EDIT:> not addoutput, its enable.
    Detonator, May 28, 2012 Last edited by Detonator, May 28, 2012
  7. May 14, 2011
    Tbh i dont really understand what noodle didnt know. My answers were generalised.

Noodles could you post a list of what you couldn't find online?
  8. Feb 12, 2012
    Okay, I still cant figure out this damn teleporter shit lol.

So after Map Spawn, 60 seconds, the teleporter will activate and will teleport you to another part of the map. I'm using a logic_auto and I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
    The teleporter works fine without the logic_auto.

This is the Output settings I have for the logic_auto:
    My Output named OnMapSpawn
    Targets entities named lvl1to2 (that's the name of the teleporter)
    Via this input AddOutput
    With a parameter override of <none>
    After a delay in seconds 60.
  9. Nov 11, 2011
  10. Feb 12, 2012
    GRUDGE helped me out, we're using trigger_once instead of a logic.

But this project may need to be halted because I'd need noblock for part of it. I have a MG-like part to it, and if you fall on the ground, it'll teleport you to the beginning. Imagine a couple of humans getting stuck in the front :/
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    @GRUDGE HELPED YOU OUT!? GRUDGE?! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE HE HELPED SOMEONE :arrogant: :giggle:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sep 7, 2010
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
      • May 14, 2011
        you can easily convert a trigger_multiple to a trigger_once by simply making the reset time -1. Quick tip :razz:
      • Nov 11, 2011