Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Course Timer

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by Ghost, Apr 5, 2012

1. May 14, 2011
    There has been talk of a course timer for quite a while now and I wonder if this is going ahead or not. This would be really good for the mg server and it would mean that we could have some of the great course maps back. At the moment the mg server and the whole of the mg css community is very anti-course maps. A timer would put some more fun into the game. Maybe if the people who were No.1 in more than 3 course maps could have the prefix [Course King] on thier name or something? Just an idea. I know that course maps are much more fun with a timer so you are challenged each time, it makes it less repetitive. Also the idea of a reward seems quite fun.

I don't know if it is still going ahead but it would be a shame if it wasn't.

P.S.: I didnt check every single thread in this forum for a similar post and i didnt really want to necro a thread anyway so please just lock this if it is a repeat.

P.S.2: I didn't bother to proof read...
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    Since you didn't proof read I'm locking this. :razz:

I would like to see something like this, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to set up because I think it would need a special cfg file fit each course map since they don't have a unique prefix. I may be wrong though.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk
  3. May 14, 2011
    It can be done i've seen it on multiple servers.

It is probably only as hard as it is to find the file online but i dont know.