Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Crash issue: ZE Harry Potter

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Devious, May 31, 2014

1. Sep 25, 2013

Since we are close to a sort of finishing "beta", we want to give the alpha a test yet when we tried it on the GFL test server, it went wrong.
    Apparently, we get the error "Engine error: ED_Alloc: no free edicts", googling to this error comes out on the entitie problem..

Here is where we dont get it anymore, as calculated manually (excluded prop_detail, func_detail, ligths and prop_static), we came out on the number 1378 entities
    Entity report in console gives us the number between 800 and 900

Now we are wondering what can caus the server to stop and crash, givin us this error and nothing more
    Since here are a lot of more mappers compared to GFL, we come to here to ask if any of you guys have any clue whats wrong
    There is a BSP include bellow in a personal dropbox download, feel free to test w/e u want

If any of you here could help us fixxing this issue, this would mean a lot
    Soon we get this fixxed up we can go on testing the alpha and if that runs fine, going over to a first beta!

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60558423/Downloads/ze_harry_potter_alpha2.rar
  2. Feb 24, 2011
    When does the crash occur?
  3. Apr 9, 2012
    Make sure you use overlays instead of decals. I heard decals could also count to the edicts or somethint but I'm never 100% sure of that statement. 800-900 should be really fine though. I can't see what the problem is. @enviolinador knows ALL about this.
  4. Sep 25, 2013
    @ luffaren: when the warmup round is over, it should load stage 1, but before even going to the new round it already crashes the server, i think the same will be when going from stage 1 to stage 2 and so on.. since the reload seems to crash it

@ joris: we use info_overlays instead of decals
  5. Apr 9, 2007
    Are you guys still running my hack?
  6. Sep 25, 2013

Which hack do you mean?
  7. Apr 9, 2007
  8. Sep 25, 2013

Are you asking if we need this to prevent the issue? Or do we need to remove this to fix the issue?

And if we need this how do we install it?
  9. Apr 9, 2007
    GFL to my knowledge is running it, I just checked i3D for fun 10 seconds ago and they have it too. If your test server is missing it; ask whomever set you guys up.
  10. Apr 28, 2013
    Thanks for the download anyway. But I have seen a that exact same error with mountainescape.
  11. Sep 25, 2013

Is there a command or something that we can check to see if its running on the server?

This is what is on it so far
    Listing 6 plugins:

[01] SourceMod (1.6.0-dev+4150) by AlliedModders LLC
    [02] CS Tools (1.6.0-dev+4150) by AlliedModders LLC
    [03] SDK Tools (1.6.0-dev+4150) by AlliedModders LLC
    [04] SDK Hooks (1.6.0-dev+4150) by AlliedModders LLC
    [05] SteamTools (0.8.3) by Asher Baker (asherkin)
    [06] DHooks (1.0.12-alpha) by Dr!fter

The server manager is offline at the moment

and this is what is on the server from the hack addons/cef with a file called cef_mm_i486.iso
    Post Merged, May 31, 2014
    @retslag1 Would you mind running this map on your test server to see if its an issue with GFL test server?
  12. Apr 9, 2007
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Sep 25, 2013

he was in Snooze like 5 mins ago :razz:
      Post Merged, May 31, 2014
      We just talked with the server manager and apparently Kyle's "Hack" wasn't on it. It is being added now hopefully that was the problem.

We will post updates on the situation as we progress through it

Thanks to everyone for their replies, <3 Kyle
    • Feb 21, 2007
      Am I needed?
    • Sep 25, 2013

I added you on steam we just need your help testing something real quick :>
    • Sep 25, 2013
      Kyle's hack fixed the problem, thanks <3333

Can someone close this thread
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Don't need to close it. But, you can bump it again later if the same issue comes up or you have other issues with the map, rather than posting multiple threads for the map. I enjoyed the map btw, just need to work on that lighting yo.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1