Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal crouch spot on zm_blockfort_v4_b3

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Tobi, Nov 2, 2017

1. Oct 7, 2017
    box on blue building is this considered a crouch spot

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Mar 26, 2012
      Do you have to crouch to get in? To me, it looks like you don't.
    • teemo
      This message by teemo has been removed from public view. Deleted by Kyro, Nov 3, 2017, Reason: Not Necessary.
      Nov 2, 2017
    • Oct 7, 2017
    • Apr 26, 2015
      I am 99% sure that the secret door opens all the way to the top. I know that there is a little lip there which makes you have to jump to get into that box, but its not a crouch spot... Unless you've linked the wrong screenshot?
    • Oct 7, 2017
      no they changed the map you have to croch to get in it
      Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017
      so you cant be 99 % sure cuz i just used that spot
      Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017
      And its blockfort
    • Jun 17, 2014
      There's a "lift" entity in the middle of the map you can use to strafe boost out of and fly straight into that spot.
    • Oct 7, 2017
      I dont know bapple i think it should to be honest because you get three people in there then they wouldn’t be able to get it
      Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017
      here

Attached Files:

• Aug 6, 2016
      By the looks of that screenshot, you can easily strafe jump through that. Take 3v on lila panic, for example. The length of the window is so long that it's very difficult to strafe jump through. (Even though you still can.) That wood box area is so slim, that there shouldn't be any issues strafing in. Even with 3 players, it shouldn't be too hard. More humans just means you don't have to even get all the way through. Just stab one as you get shot out and let the back stabbing do the rest.
      Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017
      With the rework on the map, is there also a "Lip" at the bottom? If so, once you strafe in, there is no way for them to shoot you out, correct? So...Once you're in, you're in!
    • Dec 17, 2007
      There are a couple of areas like this on different maps, that it looks to be impossible to get into but with a little bit of skill it can be done, maybe hard to do but can be done. It honestly doesn't look like a crouch spot to me.
    • Oct 7, 2017
    • Oct 29, 2010
      It's definitely crouch entry, and a pretty tight fit. I'd like to see it in action to know just how doable this strafing jumping in would be with the boost. You can fit 4 in there all against the back wall.

I don't see anything other than a boosted strafe jump getting in there under fire.
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Apr 26, 2015
        lmao, welcome to pf brother. that spot shouldnt be illegal
      • Dec 17, 2007
        I'd have to agree when I was in there with two other players it was pretty hard to get into, easy even to shoot zombies off the ledge, but like I said on the server I'd like to see if someone that knows what they're are doing are in fact able to get into that spot. I tried it a couple of times when I was a zombie but i'm not that good with straf jumping.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I think it might also be considered a ledge spot on top of that. Players can way too easily be shot off of the ledge and have to spend a lot of time trying to get back up again.
      • Dec 17, 2007
        Not if use the elevator in the middle of the map. I was able to get back up there pretty quickly, just wasn't able to get into the spot.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jun 17, 2014
          Next time the map is on, I'll do some in-game video and see what I can do.
          • Like Like x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Jan 23, 2017
            Definitely a crouch spot. its a 60 x 96 opening with a small ledge at the bottom. It would be very difficult to strafe in and when you get shot off the ledge, it takes several seconds to get back up and you can't really stack zombies behind one another. It's also not a door, just an illusionary wall

[IMG]
            [IMG]
            [IMG]

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
            • Like Like x 1
            • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
            • Apr 26, 2015
              @333 Awesome for you to provide this. I didn't know the new version changed to this from the previous versions where it was a door that slid all the way up. Does look like it would be pretty easy to hold with even just 2 people inside of it.
            • Oct 7, 2017
              • Winner Winner x 1