Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Cruise Ship Question///Navy Question

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Kosuki, Jan 1, 2013

1. Apr 14, 2011
    If a person is in the Brig of a ship, Navy or Cruise ship and the ship is on fire, sinking, under attack, is it legal to leave a person locked in the brig to face grim death? After hearing horror stories of ships sinking fast or people still on board as a ship sinks, I want to know if anyone knows if it is legal to keep someone in the Brig during an emergency/ship sinking.

Also is it legal for a Captain to throw someone off a ship? I dont mean at port I mean at sea.

P.S.
    I know its one of those nights I ask odd questions...
  2. Apr 2, 2011
    Well... the implications of leaving someone in the 'brig' when a ship is sinking would be considered murder in a court of law if I remember correctly... as long as you had the chance to let him go... I mean, shit happens sometimes y'know? I dunno for sure...
  3. Aug 2, 2010
    These are some random ass questions alright.

No it is not legal to leave someone to die a grisly death in the brig. All passengers, including prisoners, must be evacuated in case of an emergency.

Also no it's not legal to toss an asshole overboard because they're an asshole. That's what the brig is for.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • May 14, 2012
      im pretty sure leaving someone to die in the brig is illegal, and obviously you cant throw someone overboard in the middle of the ocean thats pretty much murder.
    • Nov 29, 2010
      You are obligated to help your fellow staff members, regardless of cruise ship or military vessel. Failure to do so can and will get you punished by law.

As for workers that work in the brig areas, they are generally safe as they work as a crew just like any other part of the vessel. I'm assuming you watched a documentary of the titanic sinking when i guy got his leg pinned by a gate. In event of an emergency, these guys are the last ones out and who close the door behind them.

"Also is it legal for a Captain to throw someone off a ship? I dont mean at port I mean at sea."
      What is this? 1800's pirates? Of course it's illegal. Most major cruise liners have detainment cells that security locks up unruly passengers inside drunkards tend to wind up here for the night.

The questions you're asking can be answered by common sense.
    • Aug 1, 2011
      The security team in charge of the brig would be responsible for any prisoners they have in their charge. It would be considered negligence and murder to leave the person there to die in the even of a catastrophic emergency.

The Captain on a naval ship, and many of the officers do have the ability to dispense justice on their ships (ie, charges, defaulters, ect), but death sentencing is beyond their grasps to do on a ship. It would have to go to a higher level of justice in a state that allows that sort of thing.
    • Nov 11, 2011
    • Mar 12, 2008
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Aug 2, 2010
        Throwing someone overboard takes energy. I'd just "accidentally" push you over after I lace your food with ipecac and you're busy throwing up over the side of the ship.

<3
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Aug 18, 2006
          The ipecac is not necessary; all they have to do is look in your general direction.
        • Nov 29, 2012
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Nov 11, 2011

lol! Ipecac, what a great substance to lose weight. Is that what your momma shoved down your throat to make you shed some pounds? :rose: :heart:
            :curse:
          • Sep 6, 2010
            You should learn how to swim well and captain should be the last person to leave the ship when it's sinking (not always happens though).
          • Aug 2, 2010
            We've got much, MUCH uglier members in our community.

Sajak included.
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Sep 7, 2010
              Its legal as long as there is a paperclip, duct tape, and a stick of gum in the accessible area
            • Nov 11, 2011
            • Nov 29, 2012