Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resource CS:GO Admin model

Discussion in Resources & Tutorials started by kirby8989, Sep 9, 2012

1. Jan 24, 2012

I managed to compile a working CS:GO model :smile:
    Screens and download:
    [IMG]
    • Artistic Artistic x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Feb 21, 2007
      • Like Like x 2
      • Apr 9, 2012
        You could just repaste the textures by linking the basetexutre in the vmf's to the new ones (however this would require you to rename the original model if you don't want to have all those samt T skins to be admin I think)
      • May 14, 2011
        I know nothing about modelling but to put the new idle animation in (the wierd bug in other thread) wouldn't you need that? (re-compile)
      • Jan 24, 2012
        You have to recompile a model to make it use new paths, for both the .mdl files and textures
      • Nov 11, 2011
      • Mar 10, 2012
      • Apr 9, 2012

If you just wanted to change the skin on any original T or CT model, you just had to convert the vtf to TGA (in VTFEdit) and then add the admin skin on the appropriate location, then just return it into a ctf with the same options as the original one.

Then open the .vmf of the original texture and remove the name of the original texture in the $basetexture command line and put the new editted one in it. Tadaa you just did the same without recompiling.
        However, if you want to have the admin mode AND keep the original, you would have to recompile that model just for having both of them. So in theory all I explained was just to explain something you wouldn't need to know anyway xD but maybe it could be handy for in the future
      • Jan 20, 2013
        LOL great skin... I swear this is the only skin I could find that works server side with M-A-P, which makes me hail you even more because there are absolutely no other working skins that I could find. I've looked everywhere. Any suggestions where else I could look. And is there any possible way to get CS:S skins to work? I've tried installing to the server normally, but the models just seem ignore any animation and I'm assuming this is because of the failure of cross-compatibility between the two games. I thought it was worth a try, and I would love to see more admin skins being developed.
      • Mar 20, 2012