Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS: GO Crash

Discussion in Technical Support started by Frawg, Aug 21, 2012

1. May 10, 2012
    Just bought CS:GO today and installed everything. But whenever I start launching the game, I get a black screen on my monitor and it just restarts my computer. Anyone have a solution to this?
  2. Feb 21, 2007
    have you checked nad updated your gfx drivers?
  3. May 10, 2012
    Yes, I just updated it a few minutes ago before I started the game.
  4. May 14, 2012
    do a BIOS update thats what i had to do (to play the beta atleast)
  5. May 14, 2011
    Happened to me. Just wait it out. Don't push your reset button.
  6. Feb 27, 2012

What are the specs of your computer? There might be something to do with your hardware thats causing it to do so. Also, what applications are running in the background? Catalyst Control Center, Anti-virus, etc.
  7. Dec 2, 2011
    Could the game be setting the wrong Resolution for his monitor? @Ghost
  8. May 10, 2012
    I'm pretty sure it's not my monitor. I can't even get to the loading screen without having to restart my computer. Anyway, here are my specs.

AMD FX(tm)4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
    8.00 GB RAM
    64-bit operating system

I usually have Google chrome running while I'm in game, in case someone wants to contact me (Facebook)
    So far, my only solution is to wait it out until steam does a huge update on it :frown:
  9. May 14, 2011
    in launch controls type "-w 1920 -h 1080 -novid"
  10. May 10, 2012
    Where do I type that in? I can't type anything in when the game is all pitch black.
  11. May 5, 2012
    Frawg, you right click on the game and click on properties, then on launch options. I had to write the same thing for my game to work, i just know that the default resolution is the reason for the most of my games crashes the first time i start them.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • May 10, 2012
      Launch Options? I don't see that under I click on Properties :frown:
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Go to steam>library>cs:go>right click and you'll find set launch options.
    • May 10, 2012
      Okay, I did everything as said. But the game is still crashing causing my computer to restart again. Only thing different about this time is that what Ghost mentioned, only changed my resolution of the game. Still having the same problem :/