Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:GO impressive crashing problems. Any crashlog?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by JorisCeoen, Aug 12, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2012

I would like to port over my ze_SSBB_b1 to CS:GO. However as expected I am suffering coniderable crashing errors.

So far I only knew of 3 models that became horribly wrong when porting over and I just temporarly removed them from the map. (It gave me something such as a 'Grab a programmer' error for certain materials and/or a mesh having invaled Vertex blablabla... the error popped up arguably a hundred times per second so I couldn't even correctly read all of it.

Still, after the removal of these models, I still faced numerous problems:

None of my characters can now be picked up. The problem is that the game_ui attached to them only activates when picking up a knife. I do strip the weapons but for some reason I can't just pick up any of the knives at all...?

Also, there is just a random crash when I play my map. I have seen it only occurs when I suddenly turn around, by which it suddenly stops the map (which also gives me the unstoppable continuing crashed sound problem Windows 7 has for ages) and returns me to the desktop.
    The problem is I can't firgure out what's wrong because I can't go by any way to check what caused the crash.
    Is there perhaps any crashlog stored when something like this happens?

Many thanks! I really want to try releasing my map before the release of CS:GO for the ze server, but it currently won't work this way if it doesn't get sorted out.
  2. May 31, 2012
    Joris, if I were you I'd leave CS:GO alone for 3 months AFTER the release. It's going to be such a bugfest they'll probably end up doing a major update and breaking all maps done/started during the beta period, just as they did with the OB. It's not the same for sure, but GO will still experience a shitload of changes and I'm pretty sure those will fuck with our maps...

EDIT: I get random crashes when trying to port paper (by drag and dropping the .bsp from source, it works with simple maps), I believe it is caused by particles. Also, if you haven't done it, (dunno now, tested before the 2GB update) GO bugs if you write -tools as a startup parameter.
    • Agree Agree x 1
      enviolinador, Aug 12, 2012 Last edited by enviolinador, Aug 12, 2012
    • Apr 9, 2012
      In that case I'll create a quick new map for it.

However it came to my attention that there is no flashlight in CS:GO, is that possible?
    • May 31, 2012
      There's no flashlight yet, yeah... I guess we could add dynamic light items to dark maps? Also, I'm pretty sure it will be possible to make a plugin that 'simulates' flashlight. Maybe the tazer could be turned into a 5-sec long light generator on ZombieReloaded? (All of this assuming Valve stays retarded and decided not to add it because 'hubbidy-boop, it will lower CS:GO FPS even more'-not that I get low fps, but I feel the fps rates are kinda sloopy at this point-)

I'm thinking about simple brush-based ZEs like aztec temple. In fact, I dragged the bsp to GO maps folder and it worked (only need to fix 2-3 textures)... Maybe we could try to do/port simpler classic maps while waiting for a stable version; problem is that I won't probably buy GO any soon -not until it's fucking working fine and it doesn't crash when I join servers- so I won't really be able to help...
      enviolinador, Aug 12, 2012 Last edited by enviolinador, Aug 12, 2012
    • Apr 9, 2012
      I'm going to make a simpler one in the mean time, such as a throw away-map like thing for the ze server on cs:go (but I still am going to make it fun!) and later on when the SDK gets (much) better then I can try my SSBB to port over. By this I will still continue SSBB for cs:s ofc!

However for particles it will be shit though

Btw have you ever seen the fire particle for the fire grenade in CS:GO? Even fire in Half-Life 1 is better O__O no lies there
    • May 31, 2012
      To me most of the textures and particles they have used are outright ugly (told you already with the smoke beams coming from the guns). I hope they redo most of them, since now it looks terribad to me... Also, I believe GO can't use HL2 models directly (as we can on CSS with hammer)... Aren't you fearing that we don't have enough crap to make maps really detailed without custom models -extra map sizes-? I mean, you can detail without models using brushwork (as I did, although I wouldn't call it detailed, on paper), but it's not the same...