Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:GO Mapping Contest discussion

Discussion in Setup an Event started by Brett, Jun 11, 2012

What should the prize be?

Cash Prizes (Gifting via Paypal) 11 vote(s) 84.6%
Steam Games 2 vote(s) 15.4%
  1. Dec 6, 2011
    So after talking things over with Conker, it was better to just have a separate contest all together. I didn't want to start it yet, because I wanted Conker's event to gain some ground before I lay down what's next. The idea is to hold a long term mapping contest for CS:GO ZE maps, with a couple of bonus projects. The deadline could be anything from the last day of this year, to roughly March in 2013, I'm not sure yet. I'm mainly delaying this to give mappers a chance to get familiar with CS:GO mapping, and for others to have "special add-ons" or whatever @Luffaren was talking about.

The money I will be sinking into this will be anywhere from $200-$400, but I will try my best to make it as high as possible. I will also make sure any mapper who puts a good amount of time into this to make a decent map will get at least $50 or more, if possible. The grand prize winner will obviously get a larger amount.

Now the bonus was something I had in mind, and would like your guy's opinions on it, or an idea for something else. Anybody who can remake zm_atixhelicopter for CS:GO while making it 100x better (varying levels or varying mini escapes) will receive about $100 (or more if it's above expectations), if possible. It could be anything from a space station version with many fixes and updates to the flaws in the original, to a military base in the desert. Now keep in mind, this shouldn't be something made overnight, but more of something of a large scale project, that maybe you might want to share the work with.

The main reason for this is to get many people motivated for CS:GO mapping, and to get others into it. Everything is a rough idea, so don't expect everything to be exactly how it's mentioned above.

I am also looking for others who would help fund this project and make the prize pool larger, to award more people greater rewards for their effort and time on the maps.

@GRUDGE @Jermaine [pF] @Detonator @thegregster101 @Hannibal @Conker @Tony Montana @Super Mario @Ghost1995 @Noodles @sajak and any other mappers please leave your thoughts/ideas/suggestions/banter/criticism/contest-related-butthurt here.

EDIT: Important Note: This contest will not start for a while and if you ask nicely I will always extend the deadline if needed. If you are working on Conker's contest, feel free to finish his before you start on these. CS:GO mapping is in it's pre-mature stages, so I don't expect you to start for many months.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
      Brett, Jun 11, 2012 Last edited by Brett, Jul 1, 2012
    • Nov 2, 2011
      I will definitely join this, i like that you will give us plenty of time to make sure the quality of our work, I am aiming for my first ZE map as my next big project so i will devote my time with this after my zm map that i will submit for Conker's event. Thank you Brett.
    • Dec 6, 2011

Anybody can feel free to add me on Steam for some idea bouncing if you'd like. It's something I enjoy. =)
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Maybe I will have time to finish that one ze map I started a while ago... :razz:
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Or.... Or.... you can GRUDGE-itize zm_atix_heli or remake a separate version all together. :evilgrin:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Nov 2, 2011
        Added. I will ask your for ideas once i finish this zm map XD
      • Jul 28, 2011
        So is the mapping portion of @Conker's contest still going on? Or is this replacing it?
      • May 15, 2011
        I can run with the remaking of zm_atixHelicopter. I don't like ZE so I'll count myself out of that. Don't know how long it will take till I get my other 7~ish projects done though. I really need to stop adding shit to my plate. @.@ So if anyone else is going to work on the Atix, I'll do what I can to help out too.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Like I mentioned in the OP, this is something that will not start for a while and will be extended if needed. Don't feel rushed at all. Also, I don't mind more than 1 version of the Atix (or Atix-like) maps. As long as they have effort and time put into them, they will be fully rewarded.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Yo homeslice, I wasn't tagged, can ya believe that? :O
        • Jul 19, 2011
          Maybe because the majority of your "mapping" work involved removing illegal spots and renaming maps "sajakfix".

Is there anyway members of the community can contribute besides sending you money?
        • Feb 12, 2012
          Not needed imo, sajak does a lot of mapping, it doesnt matter if he only fixed illegal spots, thats still mapping. Also he does have a map on rotation so..
        • Jul 19, 2011
          I'm glad that you did not let me get to my main point. I was about to make 2 posts, but i decided to edit to make 1 post.
        • May 15, 2011
          Dunt double post num nuts herp a deer doo. How in all of Candy mountain was this a good idea in the first place?
        • Dec 2, 2011
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Taking into consideration that you are nubile and immature teen figuring out his purpose in life, I'll go easy on you. My purpose at pF is to support the community by any means necessary. The first step is to purchase admin to help keep the servers clean and enjoyable for not only myself, but for everyone at large. The second step is to see if I can make administering the servers easier for admins. We don't like to babysit the server in spec all the time and like to play also. By me volunateering my time to remove illegal spots from maps, it makes administrating a whole less of a hassle. Before I edited the maps, I gained permission from the authors and made a credit somewhere in the maps stating that the map was edited specifically for pF. If it bothers you that my name is on the maps you play, sorry, it's about respecting creative works. The 'sajakfix' you are referring to is for zm_novvum and I had intended to change the name but retslag had already uploaded it and said not to worry. JD edited the map and added his name to the filename and his logo in game but you didn't complain, odd hunh? I also decided to create new maps (like zm_breakout_v1_final) because of people complaining about playing the same maps over and over. It's no where near perfect and not everyone enjoys it, but it's always played and has never been remotely close to being rtv'ed. I take my time when creating maps to give them a theme and flow and I'm still acquiring knowledge to better myself. Please don't get angered but I'll be releasing a redux of towers (zm_towers_redux_rc1) this week, it WILL have my name and the original creators name on it. I want to do more for the community and I make my best effort at it, even if I fall short. My suggestion would be for you to take a look at yourself before going around judging people and to be less of a child and more of a man.

Brett, definitely cash. Sometimes we need it more than games and face it, we are addicted to CSS lol :smile:
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Just make sure your Sajak fix is good enough to be qualified :silly:

Tagged.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Dec 6, 2011
            Bump, I really need some more feedback and comments from others on this.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 14, 2011
              Okay I really like the idea of this contest, however, ze is not my forté. Would you accept a massive mulitgame (mg) project? About 20 mini-games, for CS:GO? I would really like to get started on this soon if you would accept an entry like this.
            • Dec 6, 2011
              I thought you were doing the MG for Conker's contest? And I'm not really sure on what we're doing with a Minigames server. If anything you could work on the new version of atix.