Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:GO mapping problem

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Fastswitch, Mar 27, 2012

1. Mar 15, 2012

i was trying to start mapping for CS:GO. I got a 3 year expierence with Source SDK, unfortunately, you are not able to create maps in it for CS:GO, you´ll need to use the Alien Swarm SDK.

Well, i started with this little hint:

Now, my problem:

I cannot compile any maps, regardless if its just a map with a simple box in it or a unedited decompiled map. There must be some general setting problem in the alien swarm sdk, because i am able to compile every map file in Source SDK with CS:S settings.

Well, alien swarm complains that there is a leak in the map. This can´t be, decompiled maps get that error too and as i said before, Source SDK compiles without any problems or reporting a leak.

This is my short error log: http://pastebin.com/qjzBFiD3

And this is my Config: http://minus.com/mbmqw2kq1n/2

Anybody here with a little hint?

Thanks and regards, Fastswitch
  2. Feb 24, 2011
    Not fully sure why it would stop compiling at VVIS like that, "empty map"?
    Anyhow, you got a leak. locate and fix it, then recompile to see if the problem persists.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Mar 15, 2012
      Well, it cant be a leak, it must be some config problem, because when i decompile any working map with bspsource or vmex, and then try to compile it again in hammer, i get this exact error. Same happens for an empty map with only a box in it :frown:
    • Jul 5, 2008
      • Feb 3, 2012
        There probably won't be mods for CS:GO for a while.
      • Mar 15, 2012
        Actually, there´s a solution for this problem. You just need to remove the -alldetail from the the vbsp command line