Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:GO question

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by LadyMoOnLiGht, May 3, 2018

1. Oct 10, 2010
    Do someone know how to get permanently rid of bots in CS:GO?

i just started mapping again (or at leased try to convert my maps to CS:GO)
    and everytime i open a map ingame via console
    it just spawns bots what keeps killing me, there is no way to check a map propper

any tips?
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    Method 1: The console command "bot_kick" kicks all bots whilst you have to do this every time in singleplayer.

Method 2: Create your own test server for mapping and set the bot quota in a server cfg. Command is "bot_quota 0"

Valve really butchered custom maptesting in that sense as I enjoy the ease in css more. Same for particle systems as it isn't normally possible to view custom particles in singleplayer afaik. Then again I never touched csgo for a while. I state this because of all the retarded stuff I had to do just to get a good test from porting westersand to csgo. @Luffaren knows much more tbh.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Oct 10, 2010

there is a : ..steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg\listenserver.cfg

where i had to put just simply "bot_quota 0" in
      this remove bots permanently

thanks
      • Like Like x 2
      • Apr 9, 2012
        To see your own particles in CS:GO, create a backup copy of pak_dir.vpk (keep it as a backup), edit the original with Notepad++, press CTRL+F to open the 'Find' dock. In there, search for particles_manifest.txt and rename it to particles_manifes8.txt by using the 'replace' function. Save the file and now you should see your particles in-game as the engine is going to look for the particles_manifest.txt that's in your folder instead of in the vpk.

PS: If you are actually using the mapname.txt file for your particles, this won't work unless you rename the particles_manifest.txt, don't ask me why. This is ultimately how it works client-side. Precaching won't help either, it all starts from the particles_manifest.txt
        • Programming King Programming King x 1
        • Oct 10, 2010
          after compile the map and run, game crash with engine error

i guess ist not so simple porting css maps to csgo

[IMG]

i tried everything i found on google
          nothing helps

***edit

thanks i check the particle thingy later,
          when this bigger error is fixed
        • Feb 27, 2012
          From my quick google search, i found this guys answer.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/1474222595311610343/?ctp=2#c1485482132157810145

However, another solution was to actually ADD a cubemap to the map. If the map does not have any, try adding one temporarily to rule this out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffe...tting_error_fatal_error_loading_pixel_shader/

Another popular solution i found from late 2017 is to change to the BETA branch of the CSGO SDK that you could try.

In the end it, it appears the cause is a corrupt texture. Can you recall anything you've recently imported since last compile that would be causing the issue?
        • Oct 10, 2010
          like i said before, i tried everything what can be found on google ...
          nothing helps

i just have cubemaps in, i lowered lightning faceses to 16, i removed ALL custom textures, just
          used onlyx original csgo one .....
          all the same

i am at the end of the road
        • Feb 27, 2012
          What about BETA branch update? Its a fairly old suggestion but perhaps it will solve the issue.
        • Oct 10, 2010
          beta from what? there is no beta for sdk ...
          and the game? what will help this? nobody play a beta