Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:GO SDK coming 3 months after release

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by [T_T], Apr 24, 2012

1. Feb 11, 2012
    New site on the block The Verge has some details on when we can expect to see the SDK for Valve's update to the Counter-Strike series.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive's software development kit, which allows players to create and edit the title's catalog of multiplayer maps, is currently planned to launch three months after the game's release.

Valve's Gabe Newell confirmed the timetable during a recent interview on the podcast Seven Day Cooldown, which will be published later this afternoon. The modding tools, which have been a staple in the Counter-Strike series since its inception, will be created by Valve software engineer Mike Durand, who has worked on developing SDKs for the company's modding community since 2006.

You can read rest of the article aver at The Verge, and listen to the full podcast (which also features pertinent Ricochet 2 news!) over at Seven Day Cooldown.

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feb 24, 2011
      I'm looking forward to see what new features CS:GO will provide to us mappers. I'm hoping for lots of freedom within different things as for some fixes from the CSS engine version.
      Better rendering, the awesome shadow option and new weapons, just great.
      Although i am concerned about the limits being shortened up due to these improvements, i'm not sure if this is even the case. Please don't let it be.
      I kinda like the breakable doors at that, even if they're straight copy+pasted out of l4d (as for some weapons and maps at that).
      Just my opinions about the whole thing, i'm glad to share them as a mapper/player. :wink:
    • Aug 18, 2006
      Make sure to convert it in to Valve Time to get the actual release date.
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Apr 9, 2007
      • Jul 5, 2008
        the great part about the source engine is its all just one update to the previous ones, so its easy to make a fake sdk for yourself to make maps with.
      • Feb 11, 2012
        Seems like beta is out, but very very very limited as they state in twitter.
        Btw i tested CS:GO surfing it was fun! :smile:
        • Like Like x 1
        • May 14, 2011
          Does this mean i have to have the beta of cs:go to test it out? if so then FML.

But tbh it looks like this will just be a new massive hd texture pack and and prop pack.
        • Feb 11, 2012
          CS:GO SDK beta went live about 10hrs ago! Steam -> Library -> Tools -> Counter-Strike Global:Offensive SDK beta to download it! :smile:
          • Like Like x 1
          • May 14, 2011
            Oh so its not just a closed beta? great omg lol :grin:

*EDIT* It is a closed beta, you need the game to run the sdk >.<

Big disappointment