Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:GO SDK

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Noodles, Jun 1, 2012

1. Feb 12, 2012
    I'm getting this, any reason why? No textures...

Already did the obvious, visgroups auto check/uncheck.

Capture
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Beat me to it lol :frown: Even fired it up to get the proper name.
    • Feb 12, 2012

Using the Source SDK, I've never had that problem!

Thanks! I'm liking the new SDK, such as the DOS window whille compiling (if you want to stop, you cant just close the DOS window out without crashing hammer)...
    • May 15, 2011
      Grudge is right. And just so you know, VisGroups are not how the brush work is displayed, but an organized list of all the brushes/entities/Hybrids in the map. It's main use is to hide certain aspects of a map when you want to deal with another aspect. Say you created your basic world brush work, decided to optimize it, but now have a bunch of annoying hint/skips and areaportals cluttering your Hammer Space. Instead of selecting all those single brushes/entities, Hammer has already set them into their own sub-categories. So if you were to go into your auto VisGroups, you will see a Menu bar called 'Tool Brushes'. This Category will be brushes that work behind the scenes. Like the Hint/Skip, Clips, and Areaportals. If you turn these off, you now have your basic world geometry, without any clutter, and can continue to build the details into your map. Once you have finished, or just want to test, re-apply the VisGroups, and they will no longer be hidden.

Now, I don't know if you actually knew what they were already, but I am assuming you didn't from what you expected them to do.
    • Feb 12, 2012
      Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately, i cant "travel" around the map in the camera view because its too glitchy. Don't have a problem at all with Source SDK, not sure what's going on. I'm taking this beta as an actual beta.
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Do you mean you can't move around at all in the 3d camera view, or is it just really jumpy and difficult to move? Everything works fine for me...
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 15, 2011
        You might have the same problem as me. Does this lag happen when you start a new map and build or only when you open an already completed map? If it's the latter, I think it's because your computer isn't able to render all 4 views of information. I get this too, even though my Laptop SHOULD be able to handle it. Try dragging your 3D view to cover your entire screen. Does that help with the lag, make no difference, or make it worse? Although this happens in Source for me too, so I might just be spitting Louie here.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        @Ghost1995 's response to everything, "Get a bettah computah." lol
      • May 14, 2011

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE
      • Feb 12, 2012
        It's just the 3D view. My computer is a mid-end gaming computer and should be able to handle a program as basic as Hammer. And it's all styles of maps: brand new ones with just a simple texture/entity and fully completed maps that have been decompiled. It's all jumpy and slow :/
      • May 15, 2011
        My Laptop is for gaming, it can run games on high. But Hammer doesn't work the same as a game. It works like a modelling program. For example, 3DS Max. 4 views, and you are sculpting your creation. Most computers, even my shitty PC, that can barely run any new games on low, can run Hammer just fine. It has nothing to do with the actual computer itself. It's something not rendering right, as if it's being capped at how much resources Hammer is allowing itself to use. Now as for completely new maps, with nothing in them. If that's causing lag, then fuck. Maybe try 'defragment cache' and 'verify integrity of tool cache'. If that doesn't work, maybe re-install Source SDK. And your Hammer only recently started doing this right? Or has it always been like this?
      • Feb 12, 2012
        Well I'm referring to GO SDK, Source is a fucking cakewalk and can render practically anything in seconds. I went ahead and refreshed GO SDK like you said and it's working fine. For decompiled completed maps, I still have that issue. It's cs_office for GO, but there's so much shit in there that I think it's normal lol
      • May 15, 2011
        For me, GO works better than my Source. :silly: So I keep assuming Source. Sorry. But yes, it will always have lag when opening a fully created map. It has to cache all the information it's seeing and render all 4 views. Oddly enough, Hammer renders the 2D views the same it would the 3D views, so having all 4 open makes Hammer a lot slower. Try moving around in the 3D view when it's full screen. Should run without lag then. Sometimes.