Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

cs go ze server dead?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive started by pamgpamg, Nov 15, 2012

1. Dec 5, 2011
    hey just want to ask why the plaguefest cs go ze server so dead 0/60 lol
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    The server is not dead, GO itself is dead
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dec 5, 2011
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Barely anyone plays that game. Too many issues that Valve has neglected. Mappers are tired of the errors. In general, people seen to like CSS more then CSGO.
    • Jan 11, 2011
      Check this: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Pretty much, any day at any time, original Counter Strike players almost doubles Counter Strike Source players, wich itself always doubles Counter Strike GO players.
      So yeah, its kinda GO wich is dead, and I see why. I was myself waiting for the fixes/improvements to move from Source to GO, but I can't see that happening now. There is really no reason to change Source for GO. Same engine, same limitations (map size, number of entities)...
      Don't get fooled, GO is basically Source with: New models/textures, a new fog entity, a couple new weapons, and a couple new "rules" (movements/shooting). You can emulate 90% of what GO is on Source, by replacing the models and textures...

I don't see the point moving from one to the other, specially with GO having more issues than Source wich don't seem to be adressed, or are being fixed too slowly.
      If GO had given me a bigger Hammer Grid for mapping; or a higher entity limit; or was able to do things that Source couldn't... Sure. But if not... Why?

I was really hopping for GO to be at least an improvement; but seriously, is just a port 1:1 with some glitches appearing on the process, that has the same limitations of a 8 years old game.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Oct 25, 2012
        It sucks but it's the truth CSGO is.....i dont really know a nice way to say this but it's crap in it's current configuration
      • May 15, 2011
        If you like Gun Game and regular CS, you may like it. But for Zombie mod it just isn't working out. I don't agree with all the hate on GO as I love it, and I play it occasionally since it really brings back the old 'professional' gameplay.
      • May 27, 2008
        Who was the idiot running his mouth a week before GO was released, thinking it was God's given way of killing off CS:S? Christ, I wanna call him a shithead and say I told you so.
      • Ghost
        This message by Ghost has been removed from public view. Deleted by Peter, Nov 15, 2012, Reason: Completely off topic..
        Nov 15, 2012
      • Jan 21, 2011

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
      • Apr 9, 2007
      • Jul 8, 2012
        As everyone more knowledgeable than me has stated above, It's not that different then CS:S. Granted it's newer and looks cooler that's about it from my experiences as well.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        As someone who has played on top tier teams professionally, believe me, CS:GO is the furthest thing from "professional" gameplay. Granted Torbull from ESEA teamed up with Valve to make this game happen, they just tried too hard to make the game feel like so many other games that are out on the market. I, for one, enjoy CS and CSS the way they are, they have their own style and when you modify it this heavily, people will tend to wither away over time. CS:S will probably remain my favorite game for a long time come.

EDIT: As Kaemon mentioned... this was basically a texture/model upgrade but the same old engine. :shock:
      • Jan 11, 2012
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011

[IMG]
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Feb 24, 2011
            I got really disappointed in seeing all the copy+paste work from L4D/L4D2 when playing the beta, it doesn't feel like it got the love it deserved. As i also hoped for big engine improvements and new entities/commands for us mappers to toy around with, in which got turned down for the majority of it as Kaemon stated up above pretty much.

It doesn't mean that i think it's bad though. It got a few improvements within its own areas and such, i really liked the various amount of skins depending on the map itself as an example.
            But yeah. I just think that CS:S will stay on top for a long time ahead, at least until a possible new engine of some sort would come out of the dark, Gaben?

Goodie!
            Less updates --> less messing with our maps/plugins!
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 14, 2011
              • Apr 9, 2007
                Maybe... We're missing exploit fixes and feature fixes... So I'd prefer updates.
                Post Merged, Nov 15, 2012
                Also, there's supposed to be a CS:GO update later today, so We'll See.
              • Apr 1, 2012
                valve was too busy with halloween tf2 and dota2 recently.

valve's to-do list:
                1. introduction of hats and cosmetic items in dota2 and tf2
                2. a little bit of hats, here and there
                3. I like hats!! let's give tidehunter a shark and a squid as hats!
                4. drow ranger need a new hairstyle! and maybe a hat..
                5. merasmus hat, they're going to love it!
                51. did I say hats?
                52. wondering why cs:go received so many bad comments/reviews and attempt to rectify it
              • Oct 17, 2011
                The only reason why cs:go got more people playing the first 2 weeks is because the game was released for pc, ps3 and Xbox 360 and people thought it was going to be major. In the end, valve failed with that game. The aiming, moving and others things were horribly made. The game did not even havea surfing not bhoping. I stick with CSS forever no matter how old it looks.
                • Agree Agree x 1