Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion CS:GO ZE Server Suggestions/Issues

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Hydreigon, May 15, 2016

1. Apr 28, 2013
    I don't know if any thread like this exists but if csgo ze wants to do good in the long run, the current settings won't do (I feel as if the server isn't complete yet). I may have listed some of those suggestions before (like about a year ago). I list those suggestions because most of these settings were with the cs:s ze server.
    • Teleport the zm to spawn on infect (idk why it does that on some maps that aren't meant for that setting). You can keep it on some classic maps.
    • Rework he grenades. Make them set zm on fire (as well as a napalm slow plugin) rather than launch them up.
      • While molotovs may or may not have to be restricted in the process (if the players can't use zmarket to buy anywhere in the map other than spawn).
    • Increase ammo capacity to about 3000. 1500 isn't enough overall especially for maps that have long stages and the negev can eat away bullets quick.
    • sv_ladder_scale_speed 1 added.
    • Bhop Plugin (because jumping mechanics are op compared to css with sv_enablebunnyhop 1)?
    • Human and zombie models
      • For both, I suggest find models that have the old cs:go bone animations as these types of models allow much fluent item usage and less performance in the server.
      • And while there are perks, more models would be necessary.
    • Possibly add csgo entwatch?
    Any other suggestions? I hope this server becomes complete one day.

EDIT: Forgot to mention any map specific zr spawtimer configs. For example, you need a certain time until the zombies spawn so that a train doesn't get screwed over.

Add !shownames too.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
      Hydreigon, May 15, 2016 Last edited by Brian, May 15, 2016
    • Feb 24, 2011
      - Molotovs are too OP
      - The HE nade vertical strength is too OP, zombies fly up way too far
      - EntWatch is neat, you can see who picked up/died with/dropped items, with a handful of other neat features
      - time until/between map vote is short, either extend the time between map votes or increase the amount of extends available
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Apr 28, 2013
        Furthermore, there are some client crashes (idk if it happens to others but I had some on crash bandicoot when I tried to join spectate from the motd. You can however put a player into spectate when he/she joined a team without that. A workaround is to prevent the player from joining spectate via motd.
      • Feb 24, 2011
        • May 31, 2012
          The problem with molotovs is probably lifetime. The _p plugin doesn't manage it, and the game's default is dumb:

"inferno_flame_lifetime" = "7"

Having them last more than 4-5 seconds probably feels stupid as a zombie. Zombies are players too. Also, a few remarks:

All _p maps are ported so spawn in the crowd can work. It might require different spawn times, though.
          I don't think you need an explicit bhop plugin to get smooth movement in CS:GO. EDIT: if you meant restricting movement in CS:GO, that's absurd. The game already does enough of it.
          From what I've seen, people overestimate the impact of the playermodel skeletons (and underestimate the impact of models with 15k polys on servers with 64 players).
          enviolinador, May 15, 2016 Last edited by enviolinador, May 15, 2016
        • Feb 24, 2011
          The CONSOLE: chat text is plain colored. Could be neat to make the color unique looking, makes it easier to see.
          Post Merged, May 15, 2016
          We need a !shownames plugin. It basically shows the name of the player you are looking at ingame.
        • Apr 28, 2013
          A server named Possession (JP Server) has a bhop plugin. The map ze_sky_athletic_v7_3 also has an anti bhop setting (play the map in a test server yourself). Plaguefest cs:s ze never had it so that zm spawn in crowd but it can be on some maps (just not tryhard maps). The old playermodel skeleton before the update worked fine on servers like ze as the new skeletons take up more performance (as well as take away the ability to strafe well with items that actually require that. e.g. pushgun, flamethrower, minigun, dova, arch, daedra).

We seriously need to chat about csgo ze.
        • May 31, 2012
          Doing things because other servers do it is usually very counter productive. The anti bhop setting in sky athletic feels unreliable and laggy (because it is). And, as I said, there's no need for movement restrictions in CS:GO (and I was never sure there was a need for it in CS:S, seeming how it was a can of worms and people ended up complaining for one reason or another. Disclaimer: I can't bhop so I get nothing from bhop being enabled).

The new skeleton works fine. Perhaps some servers should make sure they're not using excessively high-poly playermodels on a gamemode that involves 64 players at times in tight spaces before saying it's the skeleton. Perhaps those same servers should notice that weapons are tied to the skeletons now, and that the way those weapons are tied (creating a new entity per weapon) is more likely to be causing performance problems. Perhaps words have a meaning and saying them just for the shake of it isn't a jolly good idea.

CS:S is a different game. The movement mechanics are different. The way guns feel are different. The way knockback feels is, to a good degree, different. CS:GO's ZE started going (about a year ago now) because people stopped trying to cram CS:S into CS:GO. There's no need for it and no reason for it (why aim for an audience that still plays CS:S over wanting to get new players with new ideas to play with mechanics that are polished for the game they know?).

------------------------------------------------

And more in line with the thread, I don't know if Deto/anyone ever managed to take a look as to why pF servers no longer show in browser searches. Since it's been so long, I don't even remember anymore when I was able to find it -- it was years ago --, and I'm not even sure if you can do anything about it since it might as well be related to Steam. It might be worth checking into, though, at least to rule out that it's one of the reasons why players don't join.
        • Apr 28, 2013
          The antibhop on sky was because of the fact the mapper wasn't thinking about other servers (same goes for some non _p ports) as it can use some polishing. Unlike you, I however can get a good bhop. What I should have said was that it is much easier to keep a constant bhop in cs:go rather than cs:s because of the fact cs:s has a penalty jump that was removed from cs:go. It's much harder to defend zombies if they bhop under this state than in cs:s because jump mechanics are much smooth (yet gamebreaking) compared to cs:s. You should try bhopping in a cs:go ze server to see how easy it is compared to cs:s.

New skeletons, nothing much to say from your previous post. Just try and find some low performance skins (hopefully with the old skeleton).

To cram cs:s into cs:go works in a way and I admit that's what I was kind of going for. If zombie escape plays better in cs:s, then there's a logical reason to do so. Possession went for it and they are doing fine with a nice playerbase overall and beating hard maps. It doesn't help for the fact that valve doesn't care about the modding community. If they did, then they would polish cs:go by a whole lot and do some nice things with cs:go ze or mg.

P.S. I hope you can get into westersand and skyrim.
        • May 31, 2012
          The penalty is removed by one of the plugins that 'fixes' knockback, not the game itself. A different one can be used instead. I've never had an issue holding bhopping zombies in Mapeadores, where bhopping is allowed. I don't know how much the config plays a role, but if it's the config that matters, why would you restrict player freedom over something you can control serverside?

There's no reason to use the old skeleton, other than wanting to get visual glitches.

ZE doesn't play better in either game, it plays differently. It has to, because they are different games. There's no need for sectarian definitions either. Trying to cram gameplay mechanics (for instance, napalm nades, which lower FPS and don't slow players down because ignite doesn't make the player stop) for the shake of 'what things should be' is what made ZE a fringe gamemode for 2 years in CS:GO.
        • Apr 28, 2013
          We could try some configs to tweak jumping mechanics to prevent bhopping from being a bit too gamebreaking like in GFL (while mapeadores bhopping is fine). Imo, I thought it was easier to get a good bhop on GFL.

I honestly would prefer using items much more fluently over visual glitches. Mapeadores for example has the old skeleton skins except they are restricted to vip and supporter (while the new skeleton skins are member). The only question is why do some of these skins look unglitched in 3rd person (supporter and vip combine soldier).

Im trying to do suggestions that were from the cs:s ze server to get a good gameplay out of the cs:go ze server. For nades, it comes down to two choices. Restrict the molotov and have he nades set fire to zm with the napalm slow plugin or unrestrict the molotov and have henades like in mapeadores where zm push up but they stay (not as high though and buff the effects). I may have to put this into a vote.

You have some good points, why can't we be friends again?

EDIT: Forgot to mention nades launch zombies too high (and not always vertical). This needs to be addressed somehow depending on what decision is done.
        • Feb 24, 2011
          Just played for 7 hours straight, holy heck...

We had a somewhat steady population between 15-25 with a peak at ~30. Pretty good for a spontaneous kind of event like this. In order to get more people and more stability we'll have to keep it going.
          From what i've heard/seen it should take roughly a month if we keep this up, so don't stop. I'll see if i can join in and do stuff tomorrow evening/night as well, work is in the way for most of it though.

@Hydreigon you had a bunch of maps that you saw as outdated/missing. You wouldn't happen to have DL links to the most recent ones?
        • Apr 28, 2013
          http://plaguefest.com/threads/map-suggestion-thread-cs-go.11863/page-2#post-304524

Let's start using the map suggestion thread for maps and this for other uses like ammo, plugins. Other than that, you can find a lot of maps in here. Any I missed please post.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jun 4, 2006
            Thanks for the suggestions @Hydreigon and everyone else - our CS:GO ZE server could definitely benefit from feedback like this. It's not often we get any players in-game so a lot of issues go unnoticed and things become outdated.

Going forward it might be a good idea to prefix any suggestions with a bullet point or similar, just to make them stand out so they aren't lost in the middle of any discussions. It would also be helpful if you could copy any new suggestions to your OP so they're all easy to find in one consolidated list, and maybe include a link to the post that made the suggestion if it includes more info. Also be sure to include the 'why' if applicable, e.g.:
            Why make grenades set zombies on fire rather than launch them? Is there an issue this fixes? Do you simply think it's a better idea? Just adding a few words on this can help us understand your reasoning behind the suggestion.

Added.

Is this a public plugin? Anyone have a link? I'm not finding anything on alliedmods or github.

We did look into this a long time ago. IIRC all we discovered was most servers don't show up via the steam server browser, rather they only show up via the in-game server browser. I just tested this again and filtering for maps containing 'ze' returned 0 results via steam server browser but the in-game server browser listed several ZE servers including our own (see attachment).

Attached Files:

• Apr 28, 2013
            The reasoning for setting zm on fire with henades was because the cs:s ze server did this but cs:go is different. If we got molotovs (buffed ones to be exact), then there is pretty much no reason to have henades ignite zombies (and use a plugin that does sacrifice some performance @enviolinador). But the nades themselves (knockback wise and mechanics) are in need of a rework. The zm launch a bit too high imo (even mapeadores doesn't have that much of a launch height compared to here). Another suggestion is to set the speed of zombies when they are hit by a nade for a few seconds (2 would do). Whatever creative nade rework that is a great alternate to firenades in cs:s and not as performance intensive.

For Shownames, I got two references:
            https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2260672 this is the original plugin. The ones on GFL and Mapeadores are custom versions of this plugin.

http://pastebin.com/YDBZbADK and this is SFB and Loco's modified version of this plugin.
          • Feb 12, 2012
            I don't know if this was mentioned before but a plugin that makes it so you don't run out of ammo.
            Was rather annoying having to keep refilling my ammo through zmarket.
          • Apr 28, 2013
            Except for the fact that you can't use zmarket anywhere but spawn (normal plaguefest tradition). Same thing goes for buffing the henade and molotov for we only have one of each rather than two. 1624 isn't enough on some long maps. This was the reason why I suggested either big increase in ammo or infinite ammo.
          • Feb 24, 2011
            Infinite ammo with reload please. It's just a bunch of fiddly-work having to use zmarket midgame as mentioned.
            Would it also be possible to allow purchasing nades/weapons through zmarket outside of the buyzone/buytime as well?
            • Feb 12, 2012
              If you buy the same weapon from zmarket that you have it refills your ammo no matter if you are in buyzone or not.
              • Feb 27, 2012
                Done. When you look at a player it will display who you are looking at in the centre of your screen in the little alert bubble thing.
                [IMG]