Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:GO ZE Skillcapped?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive started by Blue Dragon, Sep 18, 2012

1. Mar 30, 2012
    As far as ive read / seen, there seems to be no airaccelerate, nor freedom of movement.
    Does this mean that cornerjumping, bunny hopping, strafe running and wallrunning are all gone?

I'm trying to figure out if i should buy CS:GO, but so far it seems so "poor", in my opinion.
    I'd like to hear about this from the CS:S ZE veterans. What's the current status of CS:GO ZE?

I'd also love to know how many maps have been succesfully ported from CS:S, and if there are any CS:GO exclusives.

Thanks in advance.
  2. May 14, 2011
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    Yes...but the game is still beta. Hopefully they release large update packs soon. :/
  5. Aug 10, 2012
    The movement is really horrible imo, it doesn't feel like Counter-strike at all.
    I'm just sticking to css
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Nov 11, 2011
      I agree. It feels like you're wading through mud lol.
    • May 11, 2011
      I was hoping they would change the movement before it was released but sadly they did not.
    • May 15, 2011
      Eh? Shit feels fine to me. Lot easier to stop and change directions since it no longer has you lose/build speed when switching directions. I think, or at least I heard, that GO is more like 1.6, being it's suppose to be about competition, not like CS:S, which was a lot more laid back, or something.
    • Jun 18, 2012
      Yup I agree with most people above, when I run arround I feel like I'm playing on a console. AND GOD I HATE PLAYING SHOOTERS ON CONSOLES. I don't feel like the speeding up is that important either, actually I even feel like I'm moving faster on CSS (except with the knife). I also hate the minute you keep sliding after pushing your movement buttons, it feels horrible and I prefer the way it is on CSS.

I personally don't like the aim in this game either, in css you'd actually hit something inside your crosshair, if you choose the old school one on this game you won't hit anything, if you pick the new one you'll notice that while walking with your AK47 (I know not a ZE/ZM gun) it's over an inch wide. I also hate the fact they put in FIVE shotguns, which with my terrible console movement aim are impossible to handle. When I play arms race (GunGame). I reach the shotguns with a positive score. Once I pass those I'm on about 11-19.

Besides that, I guess the game is fine, I personally don't mind they took out the BHopping etc. that much. I honestly feel like that's a shitty reason to not buy a game. Or are you really that unskilled without it. :wink:

Oh and there aren't a lot of maps ported yet, you'll have to wait some months for it.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Feels more like L4D2 movement than anything. Slugish compared to source. You can still wall run as in the wall on mirrors edge still works. But strafe walking and bunnyhoping faggotry is no more. The pistols have different run speeds now as well making the knife the weapon of choice for most when running in ZE.
    • Jun 15, 2012
      another prob is that every wpn is slowe thab knife so it encourages ppl to run with knife and not shoot
    • Mar 12, 2008
      Shit seems fine to me. I hate how you lose speed in CSS when you change directions, or when you quick switch on accident and it kills your speed.

Did CS:GO eliminate the zombie long-arm?

It's bueno, still needs to be tweaked though
    • Feb 21, 2007
      does skillcapped = not able to abuse physics of game?
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 14, 2012
      • Jun 18, 2012
        How is everyone bothered by the fact you can't abuse the physics of the game (yet), if you're good you'll get ahead of anyone anyway. Seems like I'm the only person with the IMO terrible aim in this game though.

BTW I never even noticed slowing down when turning, guess I am used to it.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • May 15, 2011
          Bhopping is possible. At the odd time I can get a few hops consecutively, and with a few server tweaks I'm sure it can become working again. Surf works, as does strafing. There's an MG server on GO somewhere, and when we were on Ski Mountain, I was able to Surf and Bhop like a dick with ease.
        • May 14, 2011
          Thats because sv_airaccelerate 2000~ was on. Whereas on the ze server its at like 5.
        • May 15, 2011
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Nov 11, 2011
            As long as the effects are still the same, who are we to complain? We're only mappers :neutral:
          • May 31, 2012
            ...but from what I know, we can't force those cvars anymore, as they are set on server's startup...