Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S and Steam Crashes

Discussion in Technical Support started by Ares, May 17, 2014

1. Apr 12, 2014

I am currently having an issue where my steam client is crashing while I'm playing CS:S (can't say it is this game cause i haven't played other's in a while).

What happens is in the middle of a map or round on CS:S my steam client crashes/dies/shuts down and causes CS:S to freeze due to steam not running and 10-15 seconds later CS:S shuts down itself cause steam isn't running.

This occurred pretty much right out of the blue, I was told there was a steam update about a week ago, but my problem didn't occur until Wednesday afternoon, several days after the update. There is no rhyme or reason to when this crash occurs, it can occur early as 2 minutes or as late as 25 or 30 minutes.

Now I have done some googling to find that it would be an issue with the Steam Client Code and I have to wait for an update. Other articles say that it occurs after using the mic, now I can say for certain it does crash when I finish talking on the mic, never while I am using it.

Things I have tried doing to fix this issue; 1. Reinstalling the game 2. Reinstalling steam 3. Using launch options 4. Restarting my PC (Laptop)

I am completely stumped at this point in where to go with my next step, if anyone else has experienced it and fixed it I would love to know :smile:.

Thanks, Ares
  2. Jun 4, 2012
    I think might be a internet issue as well for steam to crash maybe pulling to much bandwidth?
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    It's an issue to do with the new steam update. I researched it and a lot of people are having the same issue. You could try the beta update, which you can do by going to View>Settings, click Account, then look for Beta Participation, click Change, then select Steam Beta Update. Beta update seems to be running good for me all day. So, either be patient and wait for steam to update their stable client, or Opt into the Beta update.