Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

[CS:S] Can't See Sprays due to CFG

Discussion in Technical Support started by iProbie, Sep 4, 2013

1. Apr 1, 2012
    tried out a new high fps config to improve gameplay in CS:S, but now I can't see sprays and idk which part of the cfg is responsible.

if you can tell me what to change/remove from the cfg, that would be great.

here's the cfg
  2. Mar 20, 2012
    Have the same problem and already some months ago when they updated css or whatever they updated,too...And I didnt change anything
    -L-, Sep 4, 2013 Last edited by -L-, Sep 4, 2013
  3. Feb 11, 2012
    I used to have this same problem long time ago.
    try this command: cl_playerspraydisable "0"
    After update i've had problem using custom sprays since it will change to default bullseye when launching CSS next time. Anyone know fix for this?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
      titty, Sep 4, 2013 Last edited by [T_T], Sep 4, 2013
    • May 27, 2012

Possibly these two. Try raising the amounts?
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 1, 2012
        to how high?
      • May 27, 2012
        Like 512 I guess. Just any highish number, hopefully it will work.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        When a bullet hits the wall, the game adds a decal.
      • Jan 30, 2013
        Add this at the end of your autoexec.cfg if you have one(if not make one).
        cl_logofile "directory/filename.vtf"
        whereas filename/directory being the location of the spray.

(cl_logofile "materials/vgui/logos/spray_bullseye.vtf", for example, is the default)
        • Like Like x 2
        • Mar 30, 2013
          r_decals 400
          mp_decals 200
          Set these commands, to these values, resolve the problem
        • Jul 14, 2010
          The max decals is 4096 (by valve) I'd recommend setting them to max because they won't affect your fps but hinder your ability to see sprays and bullet marks.

I also tried a custom spray and found it reset back to the bullseye, didn't know that happened to others as well, thanks for the fix redm00n.
        • Feb 11, 2012
          Months ago I tried to figure it out by using the suggestions others had to offer, but it never worked..I don't remember using the command Bauxe and Moltard said, which I will try next time I can't see sprays again.. Instead of waiting for the next update like I did previously lol...
        • Mar 20, 2012
          nah still the same, I can only see my spray ...I know there are other due to the serverplugins on some servers "Sprayed by: Name"