Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Hey Guest! All servers have received IP changes!
    If your favorites haven't updated automatically, re-add the server IP's (hostnames). IP's can be found here: Clickity Clack

CS:S Crash for every map change

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Kill Em All, Jul 9, 2012

1. May 23, 2012
    So recently I've been having an issue, almost every time a map changes CS:S crashes and takes me back to the desktop where it says CS:S has stopped working or is not responding. Idk what to do any ideas??
  2. Jul 6, 2012
    I have kind of the same problem. But mine is when I'm playing offline, when I have to choose if I play as T or CT it freezes sometimes, got to open taskmanager and kill it.
    This has started as soon as I started customizing skins.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    Bro, I've been having a ton of those problems lately. Now I know that my 16gb of memory has two corrupt sticks but I think the last update on July 2nd fucked something up. I crash everytime I create a server or join a map in the beginning. It takes two or three tries to get in without crashing. I could be right that it was something with the update only if your problems commenced with the update. If not, then it's likely that the RAM in your memory is bad (like mine) and you need to buy new ones (or return it if you have warranty).
  4. May 23, 2012
    Hmm well this occurred about 1 week ago maybe a week and a half. See I can join a server no problem but once the map changes when I'm in the server THEN it crashes once the new map has loaded. My computer might be going to shit idk, I need to take it apart and clean it up 4sure but these problems seem to come and go so I never really know whats going on or how to fix it. Might just be time for a new tower :/ I need to raise my comp skills! Thanks anyways Sajak.
  5. May 14, 2011
    When i was playing in SG they were talking about the game crashing on map change/new round when they use the command snd_restart.

And people were suddenly timing out. Hmm.

Recently I've been having issues where when i load the game I just get a black screen and I can't do anything, I just have to press the reset button and power up again. Happens roughly 1/3 times.

I dunno if this is isolated but css has gotten buggy recently.
  6. Apr 20, 2011
    Snd_restart make the song stop tell other song play
    Same here but in some servers it crash on me when I play for like 5 seconed on hellz (didn't they update css in like 2 weeks ago?
  7. May 14, 2011

They were bitching about how they cant use it or they'll crash...
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    Until presently, snd_restart does not crash. Resets active sound triggers, doesn't interfere with gameplay. But then again... let's blame Hapl.. cough, Valve.
  9. Dec 3, 2011
    Its duo the new CSS update couple days back... when u go in CSS -> New game -> Pick map -> Run around -> Again load a map -> Join Team -> CSS crashes...
    Hopely Valve notice this problem and make a quick fix for this. So far i have not seen it happen on a server but if u play single player it happends to.
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    Yeah.. sometimes it's impossible to test my maps I'm working on after compile -_-
  11. Dec 3, 2011
    http://www.srcds.com/ is your best option, make a server on your own PC to test maps, and if u dont know how to do this, i can help you, i already installed this thing for like 20 people (via teamvieuwer).
  12. May 31, 2012
    Valve is trying to make people mad at CS:S so that they buy CS:GO.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Nah I already have it and a few of my own servers. It doesn't matter if it's a local or remote server, it will crash regardless. Thanks for the offer though.
    • Dec 3, 2011

Mine seem to do it only in single player, so far no problems with my servers.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jul 6, 2012
        Yeah I think the last update fucked things up. I had no problems before it.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Aug 18, 2006
          Doesn't even make sense considering it's not even released... They would be losing money.
        • May 31, 2012
          If they gradually make CS:S worse, more players will probably want to go from source to go. To my understanding, each small update they've done in the last months has been breaking small features and/or causing small bugs. This one brought more important issues, and I don't believe they'll be fixed -since they haven't fixed the bugs caused by prior updates-.

Anyway, conspiracy theories against Valve are always fun.
        • Aug 18, 2006
          True, they break some things, but they fixed a lot of things too. But it seems for every bug that gets fixed, a new one - or more - pops up.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          It's always been like this with Valve...wish it wasn't.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          If they would break CS:S for that purpose then they would be losing money anyway. CS:GO is after all pure extra merchandising. They changed -compared to all their other games- exactly nothing to CS:GO when you compare it with cs:s. I say nothing because what they did change is so minor that the gameplay is all the same. Even worse is that they are repeating the same maps from cs 1.6 and cs:s again... They do add extra maps though to make it look renewished, but they only release cs:go purely for the money and nothing else. While I have nothing against this, I have to say it's the first time that it's so obvious for a Valve game that this is the reason behind it...

You can't say CS:GO is not going to bring up millions. If they would for example release L4D3 with ONLY better graphics but literally nothing else, they would again gain millions of money solely for all the collectors and fans out there that will buy a game within a series even if it is total crap.

*cough* FlatOut 3 *cough* <-- taking me as example. I did knew FlatOut 3 was total crap, but I still bought it solely because I want the complete series. If FlatOut 4 ever comes out, I will buy it :-/
          I have no difficulties criticising myself because after all I love to collect games, it's my hobby anyways! But by that I can proove that it's at least somewhere the idea behind cs:go

If your going to use the new graphics and weapons/gameplay modes from CS:GO to defend it's release, then I will simply disagree. That said, the exact same thing happened from cs 1.6 to cs:s. However the difference between GoldSource and Source engine is far more obvious than the incoming CS:GO imo...