Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S crashes when I join a server.

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Spyro40k, Sep 26, 2012

1. Aug 10, 2012
    Everytime I join a server on css, it will freeze on the motd page, show a screenshot I took like 2 weeks ago and then say hl2.exe is not responding.
    If I leave it for about 30 seconds, it starts working again and I can play, but, sometimes as soon as I spawn it crashes completely and I have to restart my pc.
    This is annoying as hell, usually happens on bigger css servers. My steam/css has been messing up so much recently.
    I will go into rage mode if this keeps happening, and my rage mode is so bad that Luffaren will have to nerf me..
    My pc is fricken dead, and it has been for about a year now. It is so old, I am hopefully getting a new one soon, but god damnit, it just feels so bad now.
    mfw it freezes as soon as I join a server.. [IMG]
  2. Feb 21, 2007
  3. Sep 20, 2012
    Try disabiling steam overlay.
  4. Aug 10, 2012
    Drivers up to date, I'll try to verify cache now.
    Don't think it will work though, but hey, worth a shot.
  5. Aug 10, 2012
    k, just did it and nothing happend.
    No change at all :crying:
  6. Oct 17, 2011
    It was from an old update. They still haven't fixed it yet. We have two threads already of this.
  7. Aug 11, 2013
    Im having the same problem.every time I join the minigame or jailbreak my steam crashes
  8. Apr 20, 2011
    if it crash when you see motd then try to do this cl_disablehtmlmotd 0
  9. Dec 11, 2013
    I think you should change your PC lolz, but may I know what yours PC's brand?
  10. Feb 27, 2012
    Please make a new thread about this problem, necro posting is not allowed. This thread is over a year old.