Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S crashing on server join

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Spyro, Feb 12, 2013

1. Aug 10, 2012
    Whenever I join any server with any map, my css crashes and gives no warning at all. This is really bugging me now and has been like this for about a week now. I have tried validating css and defragging the cache but still nothing. I really don't want to reinstall because of all my crap, so if there is any other way that could fix it would be gladly appreciated.
  2. Jun 18, 2012
    I could be wrong, but I think there was someone with the same issue about a week ago, back then someone stated that the valve update caused this. I myself have been having this problem too with TF2 today (I crashed about 6 times from which 4 in a row). So like I said, if my memory's don't deceive me it's valve who is to blame and we can do nothing about it.
  3. Mar 20, 2012
    Now we have 3, and 2 times with the same author.

Since it seems to be an update steam/valve reason behind it ... I can only recommond u to check steamforums.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Jan 27, 2011
      Delete your config folder and retry. Might have a command that the server doesnt allow.
    • Jun 18, 2012
      Lol ty, I knew it was brought up before, just couldn't remember how or when ... Blame me being sick the past few days.
    • Jan 13, 2013
      Check the error log in your event viewer. It will most likely point to chromentd.dll or whatever its called. Chrome and or a custom hud can interfere with the motd, Causing you to crash.
    • Mar 30, 2012
      I fixed this by installing flash player on internet explorer.
      Don't fucking ask how that works...

(We brainstormed this @ bG)
    • Aug 10, 2012
      I had to disable HTML motd's and now it seems to work, but some servers require you to have that enabled to play so.. semi-yes :giggle:
      I'll try that now, though. Thanks