Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

[CS:S] CS:Source Crash in some maps.

Discussion in Technical Support started by ŽΣŁ | Hallucinogenic Troll, Sep 5, 2013

Is a problem from my COMPUTER, or is CS:Source files problem?

Its from your computer. 1 vote(s) 100.0%
Its from your Counter-Strike:Source files. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Feb 8, 2013

I had a problem latelly, and I think you maybe can help.

Some time ago, I dont know why, but in Predator, Westersand and my pokemon project, the CS:Source crash in some point, and the game process ends.

I dont have screenshots (obviously), but I know some spots which happens:

• In Predator, when I am in the top of the waterfall (Normal and Hard level), when I start falling down, for some reason, the Source crash;
    • In Westersand, in Normal, Hard and Extreme level, after fighting the dragon (BIG BOSS), when I fall back to the desert, near to the soldier (when appears in Extreme), the Source crash;
    • In my pokemon project, when the fade starts and the prop_dynamic appears, the CS crash too.
    I dont know what is going on, because I love to play this maps with many ppl and my friends and I cant play some levels. :crying:
    If you have an idea, please post here plz.
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    I don't know if this will help, but have you tried verifying the game cache?
  3. Feb 8, 2013
    Multiple times, but its the same sh*t! I really dont know what is going on, but I more believe is because of my new computer.

I asked Kaemon some minutes ago, but for him, its a new thing happening too.
  4. Apr 9, 2012
    Refresh cache, refresh Source SDK 2013 and verify cache, re-download those 3 maps, if all else fails re-install css
  5. Feb 8, 2013
  6. Apr 12, 2012
    Could be a problem with your graphics card/drivers. Mine crashes occasionally when it gets 'overloaded' (which is not the correct technical term, but its basically what is happening - its trying to render to much stuff or some a combination of things that it cant handle). It happens to me when I go into spec and fly around looking at lots of areas the map at once.
  7. Feb 8, 2013
    Right now, Im starting verify the cashe in CS:S, I refresh Source SDK 2013 (SP and MP), I re-installed the maps, and more later I will start my dedicated sv to see if is solved.
  8. Oct 13, 2011
    Try to update your graphic cards driver from its website. Do not update from windows updater.

Also,

9. Feb 8, 2013
    Well, if is about the graphics, its better to no move in that.

This is my computer: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K56CM

Its not very strong (70fps with 63/63 in pf) and I dont know if is a graphic problem.

I will re-install CS:Source to see if is bugged yet.