Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Error

Discussion in Technical Support started by Satsukii, Feb 5, 2012

1. Jan 11, 2012
    Got some problems with changing my spray. Everytime I change my spray I get this error : 'userconfig.cfg' not present; not executing. Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg

And when I restart the game my spray changes to the standart spray and I get this error : Missing Vgui material vgui/logos/UI/spray

Any ideas why this happens? I'm using german steam at the moment.
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Probably because of the German Steam. I recall somebody else having this problem, though I couldn't find the topic to help you. Troubleshoot by trying out English Steam? Also try a different type of spray.
  3. Jan 11, 2012
    I changed Steam to English and I can use my other spray but this error still exists : 'userconfig.cfg' not present; not executing. Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg
    And when I change back to German, my spray disappers.
  4. Feb 18, 2011

Try that then post again.
  5. Jan 11, 2012
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    Try changing your config.cfg to its original state. If you can't find one I will give you mine.
  7. Jan 11, 2012
    I created a userconfig.cfg now (didn't had one) Now this error appears : --- Missing Vgui material vgui/logos/UI/spray
    exec userconfig.cfg: file size larger than 1 MB!
    Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg

Damn Valve :wallbash:

Edit : Suceed. Copied the config into the userconfig and it works now even with the German Steam.
  8. Mar 12, 2008
    recolored to black for those that have a white forums background

EDIT: nvm, problem was solved apparently. goo!
  9. Jun 4, 2006