Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

[CS:S] Having some issues, help please

Discussion in Technical Support started by dillinger, Jan 13, 2014

1. Feb 1, 2011
    Hi, I have a few problems with CS:S that have been going on for some time now.

1) Nothing flash based seems to work. This includes the ingame web browser. Also stuff like Kyle's radio plugin doesn't work (I think that's flash). Is there some certain way to install/update flash for Steam/Source? If so I can't figure it out.

2) MOTDs and other things don't load ingame, !illegal spots and !rules as well, just shows a blank page.

3) A while ago I replaced my p90 sound with a lower volume file. I recently started having a bug where if I join another server after leaving one, there is a weird "feedback" sound that starts after the p90 fires. It's different every time, but its super high pitched and annoying. I'm assuming something got corrupted here. I might be able to fix this one by just replacing the sound file but I'm curious as to what may have caused it.
  2. May 31, 2012
    Same shits been happening to me for a LONG time.
  3. Jun 11, 2012
    Yes the flash is completely broken and missing and this is for all game with the steam overlay. I'm guessing whatever webkit they are using, flash isn't even showing. I thought it was just me since I'm on beta and get frequent update and nothing at all.
  4. Mar 20, 2012
    mh motd works for me....in options multiplayer advanced is a option which is called "disabling html motd" maybe u have that unchecked?
  5. Feb 1, 2011

Nope, checked this and they're not disabled
  6. Apr 24, 2012
    My motd works just fine. I have had that problem with the high pitched noise too.. I dont know what causes that either :struggle:
  7. Apr 9, 2007
  8. Aug 2, 2010
    Have you tried the suggestion on Steam's support forums?

The sound file issue is a different matter altogether. I had a similar issue with Dota screwing with the sound and I would experience something similar to what you're experiencing. I had to play around with the Windows Sounds settings to fix the issue. I just right clicked on the little speaker deal in the bottom right hand corner. Doesn't matter whether you select "playback" or "recording" devices. Click on "speakers" to highlight it if it isn't. Click on "properties", advanced, and make sure "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" is unchecked. Click "Ok" when the checkbox is empty. Rinse and repeat for ALL your playback and recording devices. Hopefully that fixes your issue.