Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Models for CS:GO

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by kirby8989, Sep 9, 2012

1. Jan 24, 2012

I tried to recompile a CS:S character for CS:GO and this is what I got:

[IMG]

CS:GO does use another rig then CS:S so all CS:S models are broken for now...
  2. May 14, 2011
    I think that should be uploaded to the server because
  4. May 14, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Apr 9, 2012
      You have decompiled that model, and in the .qc you should find something like:

$include 't_leet_animations/motion/anything that sounds like including animations'

And what it did is take that include command for the rigging and animation of the GO leet model instead of the CS:S one.
      Not only does that makes sense, but there would be no reason why just recompiling a model for GO would change it's bones position at all.
      You could try to remove the include command(s) but doing so will give you the model (as you want though) but without animations.

In this case I would suggest copying over the animation files the original model used that are mentioned in the .qc, rename the old ones of GO if they are in the same directory, and then paste the original ones in the folder where they should be, then recompile and it should work. It could not work due to the cs:confused: animation file not being compatible with the GO compiler though.

If it's too complicated then I would suggest contacting Kaemon as he knows people who can change this, because as you may have guessed, I can't do anything regarding player models. I can make character models yes, but not player models (there's a difference ^^)

BTW the GO compiler is different regardless of the previously thought idea that it could change bones. What is does change is automaticly creating LOD models for optimization, as well as optimizing the .vtf's for the materials (It creates extra .vtf files for the textires that imo serves as an optimization too)

Good luck though!
      Post Merged, Sep 9, 2012
      Btw you might want to tone down the specular options because he looks like he is covered in Latex
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • May 17, 2011
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Oct 17, 2011
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • May 14, 2011

@JorisCeoen

No weapon animation was broken in testing, bones were flying everywhere. :razz:

Any solution?
          • Apr 9, 2012
            That looks pretty nice, you should keep it that way :wink:

No serious, I have no idea wth has happened here