Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Zombie Riot Mod?

Discussion in Future Servers started by MrJensen, Feb 19, 2014

1. Feb 13, 2014
    Before becoming addicted to the PF servers I played on a server that had zombie hell "I think that was the name" Basically unlimited ammo and the Zombies had AI. You had to kill hundreds each round and every round they had more hp and different zombies would spawn. I believe they had around 26 levels and it took team work to beat the boss's. The humans got to choose speed/jump/and something else as an option. I think the clan who use to have that server is called DG. I know the clan is around but the server is no longer running. I would love to play on a zombie mod like this again.
  2. Dec 27, 2012
    I believe you are referring to Zombie Riot. Multiple discussions about this topic has been made but so far the idea didn't get approved.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 13, 2014
      How do we get it approved or even have a test server set up to see how it does? I am guessing not enough people were interested originally?
    • Dec 27, 2012
      Well, Management are the ones who decides in the end. I myself would love to have a zombie riot server but there are many reasons why we don't have one. Many things we tend to forget to take into account, but I'll leave it with that as for now. Hellish fever so I'll get some sleep and come back later.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Oct 13, 2011
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Oct 18, 2012
          Thank you fine sir. Please find the threads before making one again. It clutters our forums.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Aug 12, 2012
            aw yes and the cycle continues, and reminds me again what we can change about that dead 24/7 Mod Panic Server. Like I say it all those threads, if we going to have a new server I prefer Gungames again
          • Apr 3, 2013
            We had an idea before about mixing surf, gungame, bhop into MG, but 0,0014% of the ideas for Future Servers are denied.
          • Jul 8, 2012
            It's not that they're denied, it's that we've had them in the past, and they died lol. No point setting up a server for something that's going to get played for like a month or two, and then die again.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for new stuff though. I'm for whatever happens.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Feb 13, 2014
              My apologies for not doing a history search. But then again it's been months since the last post for one. I wouldn't mind having one set up assuming we have the latest version. It seems like one hasn't been updated in awhile from what I've read in the other topics mentioned. It's not a matter of it dying in a month or two it's about keeping order and making sure no one glitches spots. An illegal spot where it does an instant kill or boots you from the spot would work. They had it in the old server. I wouldn't mind dedicating my CSS time to keeping the server in order and bringing new people in. I have friends who would come back to CSS just to play riot. Can the servers support riot now? I never did see a clear answer that was recent. About surf,Gg,bhop zombies have to be involved some way or another:wink:.
              MrJensen, Feb 19, 2014 Last edited by MrJensen, Feb 19, 2014
            • Jul 8, 2012
              We have plenty of server space for whatever we need if I remember correctly, there just needs to be the desire to set something up/maintain it. I could be wrong though.
            • Feb 13, 2014
              it would be fun for ppl who want play with friends and team work:grin: zombie riot its funny :razz:
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Aug 12, 2012
                I mean if there was a new server I come by time from time, but all majority of my time is devoted to ZE cause ZE is master race!!! :cool:
              • Feb 27, 2012
                One of the big reasons we don't run it is because it uses a TON of resources. I personally love Zombie Riot.
              • May 31, 2012
                I never really come into this threads because I know what the answer will be, but what about ZombieHorde? It's basically the same as Z:Riot but without bots and the thingie is based around bhopping for zombies and killing zombies for humans. The plugin that used to exist for this went like this: as a human you'd only kill zombies by headshots, otherwise they'd die but to respawn at the same position a few seconds after and zombies just bhopped towards humans to kill them (and not infect them). Most Zriot maps come from that times.

I wrote a little and wacky (and awful) SM plugin to have a sorta kinda ZRiot/ZHorde mixup running on top of Zombie:Reloaded. It basically has a counter (Z:Riot styled) for the number of zombies alive, and for each zombie killed it decrements. Headshot-kills decrement it further (I believe it counts as 3) and when there are less infected than a set value, the boss spawns, which happens to be a zombie. In the whole thing, zombies have low-ish HP (300-700 with classes), and humans die by normal stabbing (that is, they're not infected by knifing them once), and can use a !medic command. Of course, I guess it'd be a thing to be rewritten (perhaps from scratch, even) but it'd be different from what any other community has to offer and has the advantage of having quite a few maps/resources ready.
              • Feb 19, 2014
                • Like Like x 1
                • Dec 11, 2013
                  Agree with it... Making a new server really need many resources to done it lolz.... And I also a Zombie Riot's fan :grin:
                • Apr 9, 2007
                  I've been wanting to do this for a while, we want to do this. My time is limited, and maintaining what we presently have uses most of it up unfortunately. I'd love to throw the rest to the side and jump on this, but it won't work out. The shims we can do to hit this is expensive and unacceptable in my opinion. We can fix this, but it's going to take time, and will take time.

I'd like more communities to stand up and contribute back, but that's just not happening from most CS:S folks.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Feb 13, 2014
                    I really like the idea of a Zombie Riot server. ZR is really fun to play, especially if you get the right people in. My old community DG did run a ZR server. We played often, and the server was quite popular. However, when DG closed, I had gone onto another ZR server and found it was consistently dead. So although I do agree this would be a fun server to have, it would require the backing/interest of numerous pF players to ensure not only it's survival, but that the process for it to be developed would be worth the time and effort. Unfortunately, I don't think it would have that as ZE and ZM are the favs and people are loyal to these servers.
                  • May 31, 2012
                    I didn't mean that offensively (if that's how you read it, but I can't read how you read it), but rather in the sense that all these similar suggestions were rejected. I understand that what is already running needs maintenance, but from an outsider's pov it might seem that due to CS:S not being updated in a while the needs for changes would decrease. I just wanted to jump in for once and suggest it, but being ZHorde and not ZRiot (which, in my opinion, becomes boring kinda fast).