Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CSS Demo Crash Issues

Discussion in Technical Support started by sajak, Aug 25, 2013

1. Nov 11, 2011
    Trying to playback a demo I recorded earlier this morning. Plays fine but if I make it go faster or skip to a different tick mark, my CSS crashes. Anyone have any idea why?

Thanks.
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      [IMG]
    • Feb 11, 2012
      I have had this problem in the past..also still unsure why this happens.
    • Jul 14, 2010
      When you skip from tic 0 to tick 30000, it takes time to load all that skipped data, if you leave it up it'll eventually start responding again, atleast that's how it works for me. As for speeding demos up, I find that breaks the demo because the game cannot keep up with that speed.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Yes, I am aware of that. But when I skip or speed up, I hear the windows error sound and then the "hl2.exe has crashed" error manifests itself.
      • Jul 14, 2010
        Does it do that for all demos or just this demo in particular? Could be something in the demo that crashes it when it skips by it :s
      • Nov 11, 2011
        It does it for all demos. I wouldn't mind reinstalling CSS but would prefer not to.
      • May 31, 2012
        Did you use any console commands such as sm_users during the demo? Any console commands?
      • Jul 4, 2011
        If the demo has say 300k ticks and you want to watch 290k, do it in segments. 1 -> 50k, 50k -> 100k, 100k -> 150k etc, usually works for me. You can also try going to the tick you want to watch then go forward one more tick before pressing play.

Not sure why it happens, but that's what I do.
        • Informative Informative x 2
        • Oct 13, 2011
          host_framarate 60; playdemo raind_3.dem

Try this one.