Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CSS freezing during loading

Discussion in Technical Support started by Brett, Dec 10, 2011

1. Dec 6, 2011
    Whenever I try to load the ZE server (full or not), 50% of the time I will freeze either while it's sending client info, or at the end of dl'ing a map (it finishes because when I come back on I can start it w/o having to download again). This is all on the loading screen. So I end up having to shut down my computer by holding my power button/etc. I've tried pulling up task manager and ending the program but hl2.exe will still be on there, regardless of exiting out of it. When I'm back at my desktop, it seems fine, but I can't open CS:S because it tells me I already have it running. Would this be a server issue? or just problem with my computer? I've reinstalled CS:S countless times and steam, too. It still seems to be happening =|

Any help will be well appreciated =) Thanks in advance
  2. Aug 18, 2006
    Verify integrity of game cache. Did this start happening after a software or driver update? If so, revert. If not, try updating.
  3. Feb 12, 2011
    It's normal, I'm going to assume it's retrieving server info, and not sending client info.

This is the point where the map is loading, it's a common thing for css players to have this, don't worry about it.
  4. Sep 6, 2010
    It could be the CSS settings vs your computer performance. It seems like it freezes while downloading the maps. Mine crashes at certain maps. Optimizing your computer may help as well as shutting down the unnecessary programs when playing CSS.
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    well, I know my computer is fine, I've updated my video card drivers, etc. CSS is up to date. And I always have everything closed when i run CSS. I just tried with a no-steam cracked version of CSS I have (used to test mods, and what not), and it doesn't do this. So I'm going to conclude this is Steam's fault. And to reply to 3DG, I just don't like having to power down my computer all of the time, especially when I have to hold down the button/pull the plug.