Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CSS Freezing

Discussion in Technical Support started by Haystack94, Jun 20, 2013

1. Jul 16, 2012
    Earlier today I recovered my original steam account,I didn't re-download CSS upon retrieving my account (wasn't thinking) and now if I change any setting in the Options menu, it completely freezes up for 10-20 seconds.

I just tried reinstalling CSS and it didn't work, is there anything else I can do?
  2. Jul 16, 2012
    Bump? :O
  3. Apr 9, 2012
    It freezes only for 10 to 20 seconds, and then it just works again? If so, it's just your PC having a hard time changing settings, which would be normal for a not too strong PC.
  4. Jul 16, 2012
    It never did it before though, it just started happening today when I got back my old Steam account.

I have a Intel i5 3570k @ 3.40GHz - Hyper 212 Evo cooler
    8GB DDR3 (Corsair XMS @ 1600)
    A EVGA Nvidia GTX 470 @ 1.2gb
    Silverstone 650W PSU (Non-mod)

I do however only have a 500gb HDD (Not sure of RPM, came stock with an older PC I had, haven't replaced yet)
  5. Jul 16, 2012
    Deleted everything out of my CSS folder, reinstalled and it still does it X_X
  6. Apr 9, 2007
    Is there a valid problem here? Don't change settings on the fly :s. I'm guessing you're changing video settings and are expecting it to be instant.
  7. Jul 16, 2012

No, I don't even have to change anything.

I go into Options, I click Okay / Cancel / Apply and my game locks up for roughly 12 seconds (Timed it earlier). I understand the thing with Video Settings as I've dealt with that plenty of times in the past. This is just a brand new issue that arose and I'm just trying to figure out why.