Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CTs Flooding the Map in Colossus

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Aprz, Mar 11, 2015

1. Mar 26, 2012
    I was playing Colossus today and flooded the map. A CT was unhappy that I did it and felt that I was griefing because of it. I have always considered "flood mode" to just be a different mode of the map and not something limited to zombies only. I don't think I have ever heard of anything about only zombies being allowed to do it. I think what they were saying is reasonable though because it does make it a lot harder for CTs: they will drown if they are caded in an area that is flood and CTs at spots on top of buildings will be easier to get to cause zombies can swim to it.

Would you say that the flood button should only be limited to zombies only? Is flooding the map as a CT griefing?
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jan 21, 2011
      The button is there to give zombies a way to balance the map.
    • Mar 26, 2012
      I don't think @Soft Serve put the button there to balance the map though. I think he put it there to just have another mode for the map to make it more interesting. It was initially suppose to be a map about team work in version 1 and he was just trying out different things. I don't disagree with your point of view about balancing the map and it being griefing towards other CTs (since it makes it harder for CTs to survive though), but I do think it is meant to be just a different mode rather than a tool only for zombies.

I'm interested to hear what other players, admins, and the map creator has to say about this. This is the first time that I have heard somebody say that it is griefing to press that button as a CT.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      I think it fucking sucks when humans press it. I mean, i've done it a few times, but always in the last 20~ seconds of the map. I think only ZM's should be allowed to do it (@Silly Sam should comment on this)
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Sep 7, 2010
        I always thought of a ct flooding as griefing... Its rendering a ct's cade/spot totally invalid and endangering their life. I see it as nearly identical to breaking someones cade or shooting their spot with cannon.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          I've always thought of it as a mode too, and I enjoy it when players press the button; however, I think we we're well known for our movements throughout the map (never really sitting in a spot), and the flood mode is probably only convenient for players like us compared to the typical ZM player. I can see how others might consider it griefing, and I wouldn't be opposed to having admins enforce it if they witness a CT doing it.
        • Feb 1, 2011
          I mean, it's there, and isn't labeled 'Zombie Button', so I don't see how it's griefing. Then again I guess I can see how people would get pissed when their spot ends up underwater.

IMO ask Soft Serve how he intended it to work and go off of that
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Like Like x 1
          • Mar 8, 2013
            I didn't put it there to balance the map. for the most part, I think it's balanced enough even without taking the flood mode into account. (there are a couple of problem areas I would like to fix, notably the purple tube near the top of the map. it's in an easy-to-miss spot, and a single zombie going in alone quickly gets murdered, which is a bad combination. but I digress...)

to be honest, I never expected so many people to become proficient at accessing the button. as it stands, with a bunch of ZM regulars repeatedly trying the jump, someone is bound to reach it almost every round. in hindsight, I should've filtered the button to allow zombies only, in addition to placing it behind more difficult obstacles.
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Feb 21, 2007
              was it little city...the map with the crane and the secret button, if pressed, exploded the top of the crane...wasn't that made illegal?
            • Oct 29, 2010
              Yes little city, I generally discourage humans from using the button since it just ends up team killing, zombies have way too much health to be hindered by it.

I don't really have strong feelings one way or the other on the flooding.
            • Feb 27, 2012
              You could make it only able to be triggered once too.
            • Feb 8, 2013
              I honestly fucking hate this addition to the map. Some people don't like when it's flooded since the gameplay will alter. I dislike it because it deactivates the twirl in the center. Then, ground level spots are useless.
            • Apr 9, 2007
            • Feb 8, 2013
            • Nov 20, 2013
              Flood mode is annoying because it deactivates the twirl in the center and you cant use the boost this gives.
            • Feb 27, 2012
              doesn't have to be, if he uses entspy to just make it only triggered once or filter it to zombies only :wink:
              • Like Like x 1
              • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
              • Feb 25, 2014
                Please no more rules, Yes it is annoying, no not annyoing enough to enforce. If we are going to trip over every trival thing lets only play de_dust and get it over with.
              • Dec 27, 2012
                I understand your point here but I agree with @adinsx here because it IS griefing. I don't see how it isn't, and griefing is against the rules last time I checked.
              • Jan 3, 2013
                Once it's activated, R.I.P for the humans. :dazed:
                Solution-Remove the flood button:thumbsup:
              • Feb 2, 2014
                Tony is clever, and he's right. If The button can only be triggered by zombies = Problem solved.