Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Cube world

Discussion in Gaming started by Stormblizzard, Jul 6, 2013

1. Jan 12, 2012
    I can only really say buy it. at this moment in time just a really fun and fresh game. 2013-07-06_00002 2013-07-06_00001 2013-07-06_00003 2013-07-06_00004
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 8, 2013
    • May 15, 2011
    • Jan 12, 2012
      Man this looks totally original, never seen anything that looks like it. :bugeyes:

It looks like Minecraft and Terraria had a retarded baby together.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Can you really... mean this? Did I just see another attempt to gain money on a minecraft rip-off?
        Developers these days...
      • Dec 6, 2011
        It's not what you think at all. Try it out for yourself. The only similar thing between this and Minecraft is literally just the cubes/blocky look. That's it.
      • Nov 6, 2011
      • Mar 12, 2008
        well based on current trends (Minecraft, Ace of spades, and one brett favors highly, 3079), Voxel-type games are a huge hit, so why not capitalize on it?

This is the new "zombies" in the gaming genre, and i'm glad something fresh is coming along.
      • Jan 12, 2012
        I'm sure you can ask penguin to show you his cracked version just try it I don't want to hear the shit it looks like minecraft omg minecraft rip off if you have not played it firstly. if you've played it and you still think it's a minecraft rip off say what ever you want
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Feb 3, 2012
        • Jan 12, 2012
          @Luffaren ask for his opinion been playing with me for a little bit he can give you fair judgement
        • Jul 1, 2010
          Not quite, but based on the same thing (Voxel). There are a lot of games that are Voxel based.

I think my wording might be off in this post, but I don't givea :razz: Its 6:09 am.
        • Feb 24, 2011
          The only part where it resembles minecraft is from the graphics and "random/infinite-world" feature. Gameplay wise it's something completely fresh and different. It doesn't even include building/digging in any way!
          Just because someone has done/discovered something great once doesn't make it a deadly-sin to implement some similar feature in your own product.
          Just because minecraft was a huge hit while using voxel graphics, does that mean that voxel graphics belongs to minecraft/mojang?
          This is just how i see the matter.

As for the game..
          I haven't played that much yet, as i've been dealing with exploring and getting raped by raccoons, squirrels and fall damage.
          Now i've finally gotten a bit into the dangers of the game and started to adapt, so i decided to take on a quest to defeat the evil ruler on the rock of duralan! It's all randomized where the boss is, what it'll be and the name of everything included.

As i approach the rock of duralan i'm majorly impressed by the fact that i need to do a whole lot of dangerous climbing to get to the top of the mountain, while in a certain other game you could just build blocks beneath your feet to get up.

raidin

There's a stamina bar for climbing, so you better watch out how you strategize your climbing or you could end up flat down below.
          This is where i am right now, wish me luck as i get on top of the mountain.

Even if still in alpha with a few bugs and connectivity issues the game itself seems really promising as i've been diving in just slightly.
          It'll definitely be on my watchlist from now on as we'll see how the updates progress.
          • Like Like x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Apr 9, 2012
            @Luffaren you're right, I take my words back.

It could use anti-aliasing though.
            Post Merged, Jul 7, 2013
            Our server is getting attacked by denial-of-service (DoS) attacks on a regular basis. The attacks usually occur in the evening and at night (European time).
            Because of that we have to disable user registrations and the shop from time to time, and you will get the message about 'Server Maintenance'.
            We will try to find a solution as soon as possible.

Darn I can't create an account xD How poor must these people again be to feel the need to do DoS attacks... I will never understand
          • Mar 12, 2008
            I tried it and I like it so far. 60% chance i'll pick this up in alpha stage, 80% chance if it gets better by beta.

I'm still figuring out how to climb stuff, but I've got combat down, and know how to vendor stuff. I tried fighting a boss but I am too weak, so I knocked them down and ran away.

problems so far:
            • Dat constant noise when you eat something. Could be once every 2 seconds, but meh, not really important
            • you can jump while you're eating, so it looks like you're doing an ass-jump (not a problem, but is funny to see)
            • Enemies seem to respawn too fast. (Might be me being slow)
            • Not enough ginseng
            I like the combat style a lot, it reminds me of dark souls in a way; roll to avoid damage and time your attacks. The only difference is stam is used for rolling, and not attacking so you can hold down MB1 and go right at it. I went rogue so crit is everything. Low damage output is rewarded with a stinging secondary attack that poisons/knocks down targets. You also get a crazy "rush you in the face" skill that poisons/knocks down too. skill tree is pretty simple atm but looks easy enough to use. You can put points in and subtract them if you make a mistake, as long as you don't click the "learn" option. That locks your choices in.
          • May 15, 2011
            Me, Jeezery and Brett playing on a server. We found out how to name our pets.

Cube 2013-07-08 16-07-41-96 Cube 2013-07-08 16-08-17-01 Cube 2013-07-08 17-23-17-08

Me and Jeezery looking bad ass.

Cube 2013-07-08 16-08-30-72
          • Oct 29, 2010
            Well this kinda killed any interest I may have had in the game. :panda:
          • May 27, 2008
            Totally wasn't aware that you actually build your weapon how you want.. Now I have this gangly piece of what.

Ninjedit: I fixed it.
            • Like Like x 1