Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Cure for paralysis

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by obZen, Aug 21, 2009

1. Aug 1, 2009
    if I was paralyzed i'd feel blue all the time

even if it was cured.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
  3. May 24, 2008
  5. Sep 21, 2008
    sounds like - im blue, in aberdeen i will die.

but thats not what it is.
  6. Feb 21, 2007
  7. Jun 7, 2008
    i thought nerve transmissions where done by depolarization of calcium channels...
  9. Aug 8, 2008
    "The original injury, as it turns out, does a certain amount of damage to the spinal cord - but the major, unfixable damage is done over the next few hours and days. much of this is because of a chemical called adenosine triphosphate, or ATP...But in the event of spinal trauma, the area around the injury is flooded with ATP, which causes otherwise healthy neurons to fire like crazy until they burn themselves out and die. It also increases the swelling around the wound. Swelling around an injury site is a positive healing factor in most parts of the body, but the spinal cord lives in a tightly enclosed column of bone, and the swelling, on top of the bleeding from the trauma, can cut off oxygen supply to the lower spinal cord....In effect, a patient might receive a spinal injury of low or medium severity - but the actions of ATP in the hours and days after the trauma can completely destroy the function of the spinal cord, leaving patients paralyzed...But a study published in July 28's Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) seems to show that it's possible to block the actions of ATP and greatly reduce the severity and permanence of spinal injuries - using the same type of food dye that gives blue M&Ms their color, a food dye called Brilliant Blue G, or BBG...BBG can be administered intravenously - so there's no need to inject directly into the injury site - and it has the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, which gives it access to the spinal cord. It happens to bind to the same neuroreceptor (P2X7) as the ATP binds to - but it has a stronger affinity for the receptor than ATP has - so it effectively blocks the action of the ATP at the injury site...While all the rats were severely injured, the BBG-injected rats showed a greatly improved ability to support their bodyweight on their hind legs, control their bladders, and even walk in some cases. ....."It could be [as simple as] you drink blue Gatorade on the way to the hospital," lead researcher Maikn Nedergaard, from the University of Rochester Medical Center"

That's fucking Crazy, I'd do it, Hell, they have make-up, you can't fix damagae like that.

I noticed the mouse's Eyes,nose,ears,mouth and hands turned blue.

and Sig if that song gets stuck in my Head Imma slap you with a duck.
  10. Oct 22, 2007
    Yes the site could say beat your head against a wall and it makes you smarter. Doesn't mean that the source is correct, in the least. To top this whole thing off though i saw a guy get scalped, saw to the head and his brain cut and removed from the skull. Organs inside the thoracic cavity such as liver and stuff also removed, due to being brain dead and donating the body parts. Interesting to see but different, not gonna lie about that. Oh to top it off i watched his heart beating in his chest till it stopped, talkin about creepy.
  11. Aug 8, 2008