Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Custom dynamic ZE themed background map

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by SubDelt@, Feb 24, 2014

1. Feb 12, 2012
    Some of you could be wondering what "secret map" I was making last days (or months?).
    Here it is.

Zombie Escape background map

bg_ze_1 bg_ze_2
    bg_ze_3 bg_ze_4

This is a map that replaces the default CS:S menu background, like in Half-Life 2 for example. Instead of having a static image, you will have a map on your background, with sounds, music, zombies...

Follow the link below to find out more and/or download the map itself:
    [IMG]
    You will also find instructions on how to install it and some notes about it.

UPDATE

I forgot to pack the color correction file. It's packed now, so whoever already downloaded the map, REDOWNLOAD IT FROM GB and REINSTALL IT so you could see it the way it's supposed to be.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 4
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      SubDelt@, Feb 24, 2014 Last edited by SubDelt@, Feb 25, 2014
    • Jun 11, 2012
      Where does penis go in? I must know...for science.
    • Dec 8, 2013
      Installed! Cool stuff! Nicely done @SubDelt@!
    • Feb 3, 2012
    • May 29, 2012
      So thats what your doing when it sais "come map some!"
      Also there should be a direct button to join PF. Would be awesome.

Great work.

aprroved
    • Jan 30, 2013
      Was hoping someone would eventually make a ZE themed background. Now I can stop using HL2 ones :razz:
      Nice background too :3
      Thats a HUD feature. While I could toss that up, it may mess up any custom hud you use (if they modify any of the menu layouts/texts that is)
    • Apr 9, 2012
      I think @Moltard created a GUI menu that has direct join buttons for the menu for all PF servers.
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Oct 8, 2012
      • Nov 3, 2013
      • Dec 3, 2012
      • Mar 30, 2013

[IMG]

[IMG]
        • Like Like x 1
        • Dec 11, 2013
          COOL MAN, the stuff look awesome :grin: @SubDelt@
        • Feb 12, 2012
          Damn dude, thank you. From your screenshots I understood that I forgot to pack the color correction file. It is packed now.
          Whoever already downloaded the map, REDOWNLOAD IT FROM GB and REINSTALL IT so you could see it the way it's supposed to be.

Also, I'm glad you guys like it.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Dec 8, 2013
            i noticed that. went onto skyrim and was like wtf is up with my color why is it so dark lol
          • Feb 12, 2012
            No, it's a bit different. You're probably playing with color correction disabled (mat_colorcorrection 0). When you've installed the map, mat_colorcorrection has been set to 1 since I've added this parameter to autoexec.cfg. You still saw the map without CC because there were no CC file packed with it. And when you went onto skyrim, CC was enabled and you saw how it looks with CC.
            Anyway, since the command is in autoexec file, CC will enable each time you launch CSS. So, if you don't want to play with CC, you have two choices:
            - disable CC manually each time before joining a game;
            - open CSS/cstrike/custom/_bg_zombie_escape/cfg/autoexec.cfg and remove the next string:
            Code:
            mat_colorcorrection 1		// enabling color correction for better look of the map (optional, but recommended)
            This way the background will not have CC as well, but atleast you won't have to disable it each time.
            • Like Like x 1