Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Custom Source Mod Plugin Not Working

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by CastleX, Mar 10, 2012

1. Jan 28, 2012
    So I tried making an sm_douse function on my own. I wrote the .sp file and compiled it into a .smx and added it to the correct folders. When I use it, it echoes in chat " CastleX extinguished cts" or whatever, but it doesn't work. Basically all the command does is call ExtinguishEntity(). The burn command uses IgniteEntity() and uses ExtinguishEntity() when te umber of seconds someone is set to be burned runs out. Why is ExtinguishEntity() not working? I obviously set it up correctly if it performs the Action with both the echo statement and ExtinguishEntity(). Am I doing something wrong?
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    why is this in site suggestions and bugs? :confused:

Help Desk / Technical Support / Counter-Strike: Source.. any of those would fit better. Don't really have a dedicated programming forum but perhaps we should consider it... then again, I think only you, anathema, and kyle even dabble in it...

Moved to CS:S
  3. Jan 28, 2012
    Sorry, I was trying to find the right forum to put this in. Seemed most appropriate since we last talked about it in this forum.
  4. Jul 5, 2008
    That logic doesn't fully add up...
  5. Jan 28, 2012
    Muchos gracias. Will try this soon.
  6. Jan 28, 2012
    Tried that code and it worked, heres a vid example.

sm_douse video example

However I can't get it to say "[SM] client extinguished target". Help?